New in Town

You had just recently moved into Twinleaf Town within the Sinnoh region. It wasn't much, but it was a nice town located nearby a few beaches. But regardless, it was a bit shift for you compared to your parents. While your parents were unloading the moving truck, you were busy looking around the town with your Grotle. Technically, he was your old brother's Grotle, but he allows you to hold onto him when he shot over to the Kalos region a couple of years back.

It was kinda sad though. Here you were at the age of 16 and still have never been on a Pokemon journey before. Even despite everything, your parents did as trainers and your own brother, nothing. And this was mostly chuckled up to one glaring issue, pricing. One needs a pretty penny to become a trainer. Sure your parents had gotten cash on their own journeys but most of that went into raising two kids. Your brother took his wins for himself. So, you were left with nothing.

What was new really?

As you were looking around the house, you looked down the street and saw a group of other teens walking by. They must have been some of the locals of the town. Nothing to get your blood boiling. They were loudly chatting as they walked, so, you paid them no mind. That was until you heard a female voice cry out a "Hey".

You peered over with a single eye and saw a girl with light blue hair run-up to your fence and wave a little. You were a bit taken aback by the forwardness of the girl, but you slowly waved back to her as some of the others slowly approached. Grotle, meanwhile, ran up to the fence and placed his front two legs up like a dog.

The girl laughed a little and patted Grotle's head as you turned to look at her. You clenched your fist a little to get your mind under control and look at this girl without blushing or stuttering. It would be pretty easy to do that...right?

Dawn: Hey. Are you guys the new family in town?

(Y/N): Uh, yeah. We just got in about an hour ago.

Dawn: That's cool. My name's Dawn. What's yours?

(Y/N): Uh, it's (Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N). Originally from Pallet Town.

Dawn: Whoa. Talk about a distance.

(Y/N): Y-yeah. It's uh...it's crazy out there.

Grotle got off of the fence and trotted back over towards you. He pushed his head up onto your waist as you slowly tried to push him back down.

Dawn: So, is he your partner?

(Y/N): Uh, no. Not really. He was my brother's.

Dawn: Oh. Where is he at?

(Y/N): He-

Boy: Dawn come on. We're going to be late.

Dawn: Kenny, how about you guys just go on without me.

Leona: It won't be as fun without you.

Dawn: (Sighs) Alright, alright. I'm coming. (She turns to you) There's a small Pokemon lab down the street. We'll be taking care of a few pokemon. You are welcomed to come and join us.

(Y/N): Oh, yeah. Ok.

Dawn: Later!

Dawn began to run back and caught up with the rest of her friends. As she walked off, she laughed a little and continued onward. You just continued to look at her, still a little shocked. It wasn't every day that someone, let alone someone your age, came up to talk to you and to have a conversation. Granted, that conversation only lasted a couple of seconds but still.

Still, you shook your head when you heard your mom call out for you to help out with the heavy loading. You quickly went back to her and helped out a little. After about a solid hour or two of work, you guys were finally a little bit unpacked. Well, you got stuff out of the truck and into the house, but not much else. Your dad just wanted to set up the basics and continue the process the following days.

So, once dinner was done with, you were sitting inside your new room. It wasn't much, but it was kinda cozy. You looked out your window from your desk chair and saw some lights in a far away town slowly light up. You heard a few laughs from outside your window and you glanced outside and saw Dawn and her group of friends walking back through town. You sighed a little in disappointment.

You wanted to go out down and hang out with them. But given everything with the move and your own little history involving people your age...it wouldn't have been a good match-up. Even if you did just desire a little bit of human interaction. Grotle trotted over to you and like before pushed his head against your leg. You placed your hand down softly on his head and pet him a little. Grotle called out a bit and you gave him your full attention.

(Y/N): I know, boy. But I can't just keep you as my only friend.

Grotle poked at your hand a little as you returned to the window. Dawn and her friends had passed by after a few moments but you continued to look out. The night sky was lovely nowadays, even more so with the flickering lights of the city not too far from you. Looking over a map of the region, you were able to pinpoint that it was Oreburgh City. A mining town off towards Central Sinnoh. Must have been nice. You shook your head. Now was not the time for some little depressing talk.

Well, it could be. You shook your head again to get those thoughts out of your mind. With that all said and done, you opted to go ahead and at least start doing some small unpacking and rearranging of your room. It wasn't much but it was a needed act in order to save your room from clutter. Next thing you knew, you had blinked once and it was suddenly daytime out. A couple of things were scattered around your bed and room as you passed out the night prior.

You whipped your eyes and looked around again. You sighed as you went back to working on the room. After about an hour or so (about maybe an hour and a half) you were close to getting the entire room done when your parents called out for you. You sighed a little and stretched before walking from your room down the stairs into the first floor.

Mother: Hey, sweetheart. How was the first night in the new bed?

(Y/N): It was alright.

Father: Alright? I saw you late at night passed out with some of your stuff in your bed. I told you that bed was a keeper alright!

Your father chuckled a little as you slowly nodded. It's not like you hated your parents, far from it. It's just...given your own circumstances, man was it hard to be around them sometimes. To you, they were larger than life, yet also mortal and frankly, sometimes, not the best people. And that really reflected during the move.

But, you pushed past that and got to work on making breakfast. You already knew that today would be focused on getting the room straightened out, so, getting everything done early was your best option. Toast was made and you ate a little faster than your normal speed. So much so, that your mother grabbed your arm and stopped you.

Mother: Slower bites. No one is going to be taking that from you.

(Y/N): I have things to do today. The faster I eat, the more time I have to work on them.

Mother: What?

Father: It's called opportunity cost. He knows exactly what he's doing.

You quickly finished your food before your father ever had a chance to sit down. As you were cleaning up your room, you glanced out your window again and saw Dawn run by with a Piplup in her arms. You already knew where she was off to. And to be frank, you wanted so desperately to chase after her and see what was up. You grip your hand into a fist and against all convention judgment, ran out of your house to follow through with this girl and to see where the craziness lay.