What's Going On?

Outside, Dawn walked down the street, passing the DuValls. As she did, she heard the radio once more and stopped at a certain name, and turned to it.

Commentator: Once again, (Y/N) (L/N) has done it again! Another stellar gym battle against Candice of Snowpoint City! What a remarkable day indeed for the young trainer!

Dawn: (Y/N)...

Dawn stopped herself a little and stood there silently as she listened to the commentator. She wanted to go out and start yelling, calling you, but she stopped herself. She walked off at a faster pace, moving a little faster now. She just wanted to get home. She wanted to go ahead and call you, fall onto her bed, and try to understand what was going on. It was in the storm walking when she realized the phone call was coming in once again.

Dawn groaned a little and stopped once she felt the phone go off some more. She grabbed her phone and saw it was Professor Rowan calling her. She took a deep breath and slide the phone to answer.

Dawn: Yes, Professor? I know. Yes...the research is going well. Thank you. I know, I know! Thank you again. I'll get to work on it.

Dawn hung up and pinch the bridge of her nose once again.

Dawn: Well, at least that can keep my mind off of things. Still...

Dawn dialed your phone and called you again.

(Y/N): Dawn?

Dawn: I just heard about your battle on the radio! I thought you were coming back to Twinleaf! What is happening?!

You were standing outside the gym. You pinched the bridge of your nose a little and paced slightly back and forth. You sighed a little.

(Y/N): Look..uh...something came up.

Dawn: What came up?

(Y/N): Dawn. I...I need time. I need to focus on myself and this journey. I know what I said and what I promised, but I need to see this through to the end! No matter what!

Dawn sighed a little. You could hear it through the phone. You raised your hands a little, just motioning them around.

(Y/N): I know it isn't desirable for you. But I have to do this! For my own sake of self!

Dawn: You promised!

(Y/N): Jesus, I know, alright! Let me make up my own mind and story!

Dawn: Your story? What do you think this is? Some sort of storybook or something! Seriously!

(Y/N): Fine then. I know my decision then!

Dawn: (Y/N), wait!

You hung up without a second thought. Dawn groaned a little and sat down on the ground, leaning against the wall. She silently swore to herself about it all. She looked up to the sky and sighed a little.

Dawn: God damn it...every single time with this crap.

Dawn took a deep breath in and out over and over again. She just needed to rest a little. She leaned back again and collected herself. Once done, she stood up and sighed a little.

Dawn: It's ok. Let's just get that research done and get home.

Dawn made the walk back to her house, sulking a little but not much. You, meanwhile, looked at your phone and sighed a little. You slapped your waist a little, clearly frustrated by the developments of the phone call. You shook your head and walked back over to your car door.

(Y/N): Alright then...that went a little better than expected. Not that well, but well.

You rolled your eyes a little and walked over to your car, got inside, and drove off down the road. You tapped the side of your door as you went down the street. You looked out the window and smiled a little. Still, there was a hint of sadness in your face and tone of voice. You glanced over to shotgun and saw Buziel was sitting there. Behind you was Torterra as well.

(Y/N): Alright, boys. We gotta talk now. What the hell do we do? We've got one more gym left and an angry ex-girlfriend at home. What the hell are we going to do? I know we need to go back. We need to see her if we stay on this. But we are so close. I need some help from you both.

Buziel and Torterra look back at one another. Buziel nodded, glaring ahead a little toward Torterra. Torterra back a little, whimpering down slightly. You sighed a looked at your water type.

(Y/N): Don't bully him to agree with you. Let him decide on what to do! I know you are all about the battle, but if we don't get this right, if we can, then it is all going to fall apart for us!

The pokemon looked back to his grass-type counterpart. Torterra shifted his gave over to you and looked a little worried. You turned away from them both. You stopped yourself a little and looked forward towards the rest of the road. You sat there in the darkness before starting your car again and driving down the road. Torterra looked up at you as you went down the road.

(Y/N): I have to keep going. I can't give up now. I have to see this through to the end. I have to...

You yelled and stopped full break before pulling off the road again. You slammed your hands down onto the wheel over and over again, yelling at the top of your lungs. Torterra and Buziel looked at one another as you kept slamming into the wheel. After a few more moments of this, you calm down and had tears in your eyes streaming down your cheeks.

(Y/N): To hell with this. To hell with all of this crap.

You turned the car around and went down the road. You sighed a little and tightened your grip. You said nothing as Buziel looked at you in shock. He turned back to Torterra and saw the giant grass type smiling a little. Buziel hung his head a little and leaned back into his seat, and sat in silence. Your mind was now made up. You knew what needed to be done no matter what. You sighed a little and continued to drive down the road. You glanced over to see Buziel.

(Y/N): Alright, look...I...I can always do another battle. And this is just a break, is all. I need to see her. And I know you aren't a fan of that Buziel, but I know deep down...I can't pass this chance up. I don't think I'll find another person like her ever again. And if she is willing to give me a shot, then I need to take it.

Buziel went to speak but stopped before his lips fully opened. He crossed his arms in frustration but didn't do a thing. You just went down the street as the night slowly descended down onto your allies.

The time passed slowly as you continued to drive down the street more. You tapped your wheel some more as Buziel and Torterra were both asleep in the car. You rested your head on your hand and just watched the road pass you by. You took in another deep breath and just let the road carry you.

(Y/N): It's ok, (Y/N). You're making a good call. You love her. And let's be honest here, I doubt anyone is going to love you again like she does. You need to make this right. If you want this...really want this, you need to go out of your way to make this work!

You took a deep breath and smiled a little at your decision. You rubbed the bridge of your nose a little as you yawned slightly too. You shook your head a little as you continued down the road late at night. You looked over to your GPS and saw that you were getting closer to Snowpoint once again. You glanced over to your gas mileage as well.

(Y/N): Gas is going to be a concern too. Hotel is in a few miles. We can make it.

You smiled a little and continued down the road. However, around two miles out, before you could reach the gas station, you felt your car slow down a little.

(Y/N): No, no, no!

You banged on the wheel a little before you moved over toward the edge of the road. You fell back in your seat and hit the wheel.

(Y/N): Damn it. And too dark to go walking.

You glanced at Buziel and Torterra and saw them both asleep in their seats.

(Y/N): Alright, crew. Rest up for the night.

You leaned back, closing your eyes a little. Your desire now was to go to sleep.