Back Together Again

Once Dawn stepped outside the lab, she could feel like someone was there. She glanced up and gasped a little. You were standing there, smiling at her.

(Y/N): Hey.

Dawn's shocked face slowly morphed into a subtle smile before a full-on grin.

Dawn: Hey.

You stood there a little awkwardly, not saying much of anything. You rubbed the back of your head slightly. You sighed a little and walked up to her, standing in front of Dawn now. You wanted to say something, but you couldn't find the words you wanted to say. Your mouth opened only a little as you tried to speak. However, you didn't get that chance as Dawn hugged you tightly.

You hugged her back once the shock had worn off. And together, you two stayed like that for what felt like hours when in reality, it was much more like 30-40 seconds. Finally, though, you two broke apart and smiled at one another.

(Y/N): So...I take it we are going to try again.

Dawn: I wouldn't have called you back here if I didn't want to.

You smiled again, blushing heavily. Dawn took in a deep breath and grabbed your hand, pulling you a little.

Dawn: Come on. There is one place that serves up food around this time of night.

(Y/N): Ok then guess we're going!

You lightly chuckled as you felt Dawn pull you down the road. You laughed a little as you walked down beside her. You smiled a little behind her as you went down with her. You guys walked in silence as Dawn took you right up towards Jack's. You smiled a little and entered the building, and place your orders. It wasn't much, but you guys were more than happy to eat together again.

You and Dawn sat down by a window booth, and the silence seemed like it was going to end. However, that didn't seem to be the case as you two kept looking at one another. You both began to speak and stopped from interrupting one another. You laughed a little with her and gestured for her to begin.

Dawn: So...it's been a while.

(Y/N): Yeah. You don't say.

Dawn: Battling been going well, I'd assume. You should be proud of yourself.

(Y/N): It's...an interesting journey, to say the least. Just trying to clear my head a little too.

Dawn: Yeah. I'd bet. Still, you've been heard from the entire region. That sounds awfully exciting.

(Y/N): Fame doesn't really follow around. Besides, I'm just lucky and found some good pokemon.

Dawn: Still, there has to be some strategy to it.

You shrugged a little. Dawn cocked an eyebrow as you went ahead and drank some of the milkshake you had ordered. With a sigh and a smile, you leaned back in your seat.

(Y/N): Beats driving around the region day in and day out. Most of my profits were wasted on hotel fees and food, and gas. Not that I mind, but it does just suck that I can't really get much from adventuring around.

Dawn: Yeah. Unless you sleep in your car or outside not much to really do there.

You shrugged your shoulders a little. Dawn drank some of her water, too, giving you a little awkward side eye. You sat up a little and lean over the table a little.

(Y/N): How has research been going? Last time we talked, you were going on about some sort of evolution theory.

Dawn: Not much of a theory and more of just research collection. Nothing really out of the ordinary, sadly. Rowan is still doing what he can to try and uncover what makes a pokemon evolve domestically over wild.