What's It Like?

You walked down the street of Twinleaf Town and slowly began to take in some of the nearby sights and terrain. The massive forest really made for a vast majority of the city's surroundings, which honestly could get a little boring after a while. Still, it was your new home now, might as well get use to the whole thing. You were able to find the Pokemon lab with relative ease and wandered around to the back of the large building.

Once there, you saw Dawn with a few other pokemon, a couple of kids, and an elderly-looking man. You would be lying if you said that Dawn was the last person to spot you, or hell, even the second person to spot you. She saw you almost instantly and waved to you.

Dawn: Hey, (Y/N)!

You slowly raised your hand and waved back to her. It was awkward for certain, but she walked over to you and smiled as she placed her arms on the fence between you both.

Dawn: What are you up to today?

(Y/N): Oh, uh, just walking. Seeing the sights.

Dawn: I can show you around if you want me to. I would just need to finish up here!

(Y/N): Oh, uh, that's not needed. I can always do that myself.

Dawn: Be for fun with a friend.

Dawn gave you a wink before she turned back and went up to the old guy. You didn't know what exactly was going on, but you also had no idea if it was a good or bad thing. While you wouldn't mind the interaction, you really didn't want to bother her or her work. So, you slowly began to back away a little bit as she was talking. Once you got out of view of her, you quickly began to walk around the rest of the town. That was until you heard a familiar voice call out to you.

You slowly turned back and saw Dawn was running towards you. Just jumped a little and slid along the ground and stood beside you.

Dawn: So then, ready?

(Y/N): It's fine. Really. I mean, there's only a few blocks left. I would hate to disrupt your schedule for the day and-

Dawn: Don't worry about it. Professor Rowan only needed me for a brief demonstration. And besides, it's not like I have other things to do. So, come on. I know some of the coolest spots around town.

Dawn grabbed your hand and pulled you slightly. You didn't really know what to expect, as you two walked around town a little. She pointed out a few spots to catch some Pokemon along the outskirts, a couple of different stores here and there, it wasn't much, but like everything in these small towns, it was pretty homey.

From there, she stopped in front of a small clearing between two trees. She smiled at you as she slowly began to enter the area. You cocked an eyebrow as she looked back at you.

Dawn: Everything ok?

(Y/N): Yeah. Just confused on where you are off to next?

Dawn: Oh. Little surprise for the newcomer.

(Y/N): I...I don't know.

Dawn: On come on. It will be fine. Trust me.

You sighed a little and did as directed. Dawn smiled as you two walked down the forest path together. It was a little nice, but it was a clearly abandoned pathway as tree roots had littered the pathway for what seemed like forever. Still, you two continued onward until Dawn stopped at a small bush covering. You looked at her, a little confused as she waved you over to her.

Dawn: Ready?

(Y/N): For what exactly?

Dawn smiled as she pushed the brush aside and slowly made her way through. You sighed and followed her reluctantly. However, once you two passed into the other side, you were completely taken aback by the beauty. There, a small oasis was forming with massive waterfalls, lush bushes and trees, and Pokemon as far as the eye could see. You were amazed. Dawn giggled a little as she stood up and began to walk towards the area.

Dawn: You coming?

(Y/N): Are...are we even allowed here?

Dawn: Well yeah. My friends and I found this place. We've been the ones preserving it for the past few months. So come on.

Dawn smiled again as she offered you a hand. You nodded slowly as you got up and followed behind her. She walked a little as a couple of Bidoofs walked across the dirt path. Dawn smiled a bit as she continued forward. You saw a couple Kricketots and Roselia as well. Honestly, it was impressive to see such a lovely environment. By the time you stopped gawking at all the pokemon, Dawn was already down by the small lake in the middle with her Piplup. You picked up the pace a little and eventually caught up with her.

Dawn: Like it?

(Y/N): It's lovely. To put it mildly.

Dawn smiled as you walked around some of the lake. She went over and sat down along the rocks of the lake and watched the waterfall. You looked around some more before you looked down at her. You didn't move, rather just keeping your distance as you moved down to the rocks a little slowly. Although, when you did reach the shoreline, you didn't even stand next to her.

(Y/N): So, where did you find this?

Dawn: After my Pokemon journey, I decided to see what I could do for Twinleaf Town. After one day, I found an injured Wurmple. After healing it a little, I saw it waddle away to place that wasn't its natural habitat. So, I followed it and found this place. It wasn't much. But with enough time, this is what we got.

You nodded your head in understanding. Although, going in deeper though, the amount of hard work she poured into this place with the others was astounding. Still, aside from all that, it was still very impressive with what she was able to get done. After a couple more moments, she stood up and turned back to you.

Dawn: So, what did you do on your journey?

(Y/N): Oh, uh...nothing really. I-I never really went on one.

Dawn: Oh, I'm sorry.

(Y/N): It's no big deal, really! I just couldn't afford one. Plus, I didn't really need to go on one. I was fine just hanging around Pallet Town.

Dawn: I mean, I guess. But you do know how to handle Pokemon pretty well.

(Y/N): That's because of my brother. He went on his journey. Ended up in Kalos.

Dawn: Interesting.

You stayed silent as you looked out across the shore. Dawn walked over to you and softly placed a hand on your shoulder. You quickly turned over to her and saw her smiling slightly at you. You sighed a little, taking a deep breath as you took a couple of steps back from the shore and from her.

Dawn: So then, ready to move on?

(Y/N): If you don't mind me asking, what is there left to show off?

Dawn smiled as she grabbed your hand.

Dawn: I'll show you.

With that, she began to pull your arm as you both moved on to another Pokemon site near the city's outskirts. There were a couple of passes here and there, a small cave system that Dawn and her friends have attempted to explore, but since it was so vast, they usually gave in rather quickly. So, the tour ultimately concluded right back where it started, the Pokemon lab that Dawn had a small part in.

It was a nice tour, definitely emphasized what was so lovely about the town. But aside from all that, there wasn't much else. The Pokemon sites were definitely cool though. When Dawn spun around, she flashed you a smile and a "tada".

Dawn: And that's the town!

(Y/N): It was...lovely. Thank you for taking the time. I really do appreciate it.

Dawn: Of course. Any time. If you want, you could come down to the Pokemon lab tomorrow. I'm sure Professor Rowan would love to have some added hands.

(Y/N): Maybe. I may need to continue to unpack.

Dawn: Need any help with that?

(Y/N): No. We can handle it.

Dawn: Well, alrighty then. If you need anything, feel free to let me know. I'll see you around.

With that, Dawn waved you goodbye and walked off back to her own home. You stood just beyond your house as you watched. You slowly walked back to your own residency and sighed a little as you leaned up against the outside wall. You took a deep breath and moved inside. You had no idea why you were feeling like this...and maybe it wasn't such a bad thing at all.