Morning Dawn

You and Dawn had been traveling for the past few weeks and so far, not much has really been going on. And to be frank, you weren't much of a battler and Dawn quickly noticed this and accepted it. She didn't seem pissed at you for that, but it wouldn't surprise you that she would be annoyed by the fact she went with you on this journey but you weren't doing jack all about it. But you weren't going to outright tell her that. You didn't want to ruin a really, REALLY good thing.

So, you were just sitting on a log, looking out across the morning sunrise of Sinnoh, taking in the beating sun. You were sitting just outside of Floaroma Town, setting up camp outside the town. You guys would have gone in had you not requested to stay silent and stay outside of the town. As to why Dawn agreed to it is beyond you. Still, here you guys were.

You kept looking up at the rising sun, taking in a deep breath as you were enjoying the calm morning. As you looked out, you felt the ground shake a little as your best friend, your Torterra, walked up beside you and rested his head down on your lap. You chuckled a little and pet his head, still looking ahead and seeing what was out there. As you sat there, you glanced over a little and saw Dawn sleeping under her tent, head popped out just a little.

She shifted around a little, turning back so her head would look over to you. You smiled over at her, amazed by her morning beauty once again. Still, you were surprised about how, out of everything, here she was. Choosing you. It was just bizarre to you all around. But those thoughts were pushed to the side as you saw Dawn's eyes flutter open a little.

She yawned a bit as her eyes squinted a bit, slowly waking it up from the morning sun. Her eyes blinked a little as she shielded them from the sun. Dawn slowly moved up, sitting up and stretching a little. She smacked her lips slightly before turning around and smiling warmly at you.

Dawn: Moring (Y/N).

(Y/N): Morning Dawn.

Dawn giggled a little bit, slowly sliding back to get a little closer to you. Soon enough, you had Dawn on your left and Torterra on your right. You had no idea how you were going to move out of this one. Dawn giggled a little before moving forward and getting up to her feet. You looked up at her and smiled slightly. She extended a hand to help you get to your feet. You patted Torterra's head, watched him get off of you, and grabbed Dawn's hand.

(Y/N): Sorry about making you sleep out here.

Dawn: It would have been nice, yeah. But hey, you don't hear me complaining about it.

You glanced away a bit in shame. Dawn sighed a little and cupped your cheek in her hand and gave you a wide smile.

Dawn: Don't take everything so personally. It's alright, (Y/N). Trust me.

(Y/N): I do.

Dawn: I know.

She gave you a smile and walked out a little and did some stretches. You sighed a bit and began to pack up your gear and tents. As you did, Dawn did the same with her own stuff, making sure all her things were ready to go. Once you got to your sleeping bag, you always had trouble with it. And basically every morning, Dawn would walk over to you, kneel down and help you out. You sighed a little and looked at Dawn.

She gave you a small smile. You sighed a bit and she rolled her eyes.

Dawn: You know, you can just ask me if you need help.

(Y/N): I know.

Dawn: (Y/N), I'm serious. I know you want to act independently, but that doesn't mean you have to do everything by yourself.

You nodded and slowly stood up and grabbed your bag. Dawn grabs her and smiled at you. You both nodded and began to walk towards the town, waiting for the morning to keep moving on. You guys got into the small town, moving through it with a decent pace. As you guys were walking, Dawn grabbed your hand and stopped you a bit.

Dawn: There's a nice cafe down that road. You want something to eat?

(Y/N): We can go, yeah.

Dawn: I wasn't saying we had to. Do we want to try it?

(Y/N): Sure. We could try it out.

Dawn smiled as you two began to walk towards the cafe. Once you guys got inside, a woman behind the counter smiled and looked at you.

Mary: Dawn! It's so good to see you again.

Dawn: Hey Mary!

The two girls walked up to one another and hugged each other. You were a bit confused as you glanced between the two. Dawn stepped back and smiled at you. She took your hand and stood beside you.

Mary: Who is this?

Dawn: This is (Y/N). Boyfriend.

Mary: Another one?

Dawn made a motion for her to stay silent. You looked at her, a little confused by the words. Dawn smiled at Mary who slowly backed up a bit.

Mary: Right. Well you two, we'll get you a seat.

Mary walked away as you turned towards Dawn. You raised an eyebrow, questioning Dawn nonverbally. She pulled you over to the table and you both sat down. Mary gave you guys menus and smiled, walked away, and left you both.

(Y/N): So...can I ask...about that?

Dawn: I...would prefer not.

(Y/N): She said "another one". How many boyfriends have you had?

Dawn: Enough.

You raised an eyebrow at her. She scanned over the menu and smiled, folding it in. Her eyes then locked onto yours. She saw you, looking a bit confused by everything.

Dawn: We can talk about it while on the road.

You nodded slightly, still unsure by what she meant by the whole thing. Whatever. It wasn't your priority. You guys had gotten your orders in, staying somewhat quiet. Well, you stayed quiet. You let Dawn go on about some story from when she traveled the world. Well, at least the region. Still, it was fun. Frankly, you had no idea what she was going on about. Did you care? A little bit. But it was nice not having to worry about the stress of your love life.

But, aside from all of that, the feeling still got to you. Not much of a feeling in general but a feeling about your life. Dawn. What would come next? Would you even do battle at all? What will become of you? What was going to come next?

Dawn: (Y/N)? (Y/N)?!

(Y/N): Uh? What?

Dawn: I asked what you wanted to eat?

Your eyes shifted from Dawn up to Mary. You blushed a little and rushed to cover some of your faces with your menu. Your eyes darted left and right until you closed your menu and handed it up to Mary.

(Y/N): Breakfast sandwich.

Mary: Alright then. Two breakfast sandwiches coming right up.

Mary smiled, took your menus, and walked off. You sighed and rubbed your forehead a little. Dawn looked back at you and raised an eyebrow. You obviously didn't look at her. You just remain in deep thought. You weren't sure of what to really say to Dawn next. Your, well, early life crisis just hit you so hard that, to be frank, nothing else really mattered right now. That was until, the lingering bit of others hit you.

You didn't know why deep in your mind this was such an issue. It shouldn't be. She was just out here living life. You...you were just trying to get over yourself. Who cared if she dated other people? Well, clearly your subconscious mind did. To the point where you just stared forward, not even noticing when the food came over. It took a hot second for you to actually see the food in front of you.

Once you did, you quickly thanked Mary and began to eat the sandwich. It wasn't anything special but it did taste alright. As you were eating, Dawn got up silently and walked off, presumably to the bathroom. Either she told you this and you didn't listen or she didn't tell you at all is entirely up in the air. You just stayed zoned out, memory flashes back to home, your mother, your brother, what would come next and all.

You began to take some deep breaths, trying to calm yourself down. The overwhelming sense of dread getting to you. It was time for a panic attack.