Chapter 4 - Unrust

"Who are you!"

The only woman in the squad shouted at me.

"Geez, is that a way to greet a new friend? Come on, let's go, Kaval, Gido, Ellen, Fuze."

"How do you know our names?"

"Let's just say a little slime told me. You guys are on their way to the town, right? I simply found you on the way and sent Rimuru a question."

Their strained faces remained, no trust present.

"You found us. Through an illusion spell."

"I have to say that spell was pretty impressive. It's a shame I'm the one you were facing though, Elf."

They tensed up even further, readying themselves for combat. Understandable, I just exposed a massive secret.

"Don't worry, I didn't tell Rimuru about this. I don't plan to tell anyone really, at least not until you're ready or someone else exposes you. Anyway, let's hurry. I've got a meeting with someone at 10 AM, so we have 3 hours to arrive. By the way, I'm just guiding you, don't get into trouble because I ain't gonna save you."

The squad followed me with considerable distance. I decided to rekindle conversation, though this could go quite badly.

"So how do you guys know Shizu?"

Once again, the air became heavy. The eldest man of the four spoke up.

"Why do you want to know?"

"I'm asking because I need people who have been in contact with Shizu to bring her back to life. It's easy to make a body, but restoring her soul is another matter. I need people's memories of her to truly restore her life."

"Well, she and my father worked together a lot, but I don't think I can provide much."

"Got it. Know anyone who would?"

"I'd probably say the Grandmaster Yuuki Kagurazaka and the Chief of the Holy Knights Hinata Sakaguchi, both of which were her students. "

"Thanks."

Ellen, doubtful, chose to ask me of my motivations involving Shizu.

"What do you plan on doing with her?"

With a sigh, I respond.

"I've heard she's suffered a lot ever since she was born. I want to let her see the better side of this world."

Fast forward an hour where we talked a little bit more while walking, and Kaval has the great idea to poke some monster's nest. A Giant Enemy Spider crawls out of it and starts chasing them. 

"I warned you guys about not getting into trouble. Have fun!"

"Dave you prick! And Kaval, you had to poke something again, you just had to, didn't you!"

"How are you guys still alive being this careless!"

As they ran and I traveled along with them, we arrived at a clearing with a bunch of humans. Green threads come out of my hand, flying to their heads. Before they can react, I've got a string on everyone in that group, leaving them standing there, emotionless for a second.

'Heh, you know me so well, Dream.'

Seems like these guys are from Farmus. Also they're poor people, trying to use the Orc Lord as an excuse to leave their country. As I retrieve my threads, they point blades at me.

"Who are you! What did you do to us!" 

Yohm, the leader of the group, yells.

"Sorry, force of habit. Did the same to these guys. Anyway, you guys have a problem here, cause I told these guys I ain't helping them out of a predicament like this, so uhh, have fun I guess."