Chapter 12 - Tragedy and Tutorial

Dream's POV

The dead bodies and the houses coated in blood laying around Tempest painted a grotesque and sombre ambience, but the presence of Guy Crimson was the only thing that was of importance to me.

A corner of my mind wished condolences to Rimuru for the massacre while another screamed at him to help me get the Lord of Darkness away and keep Techno around. This was wishful thinking, as I knew the guy was too busy comprehending that his friends were all slaughtered, but still.

"Oh, hey. You're here." The redhead called out to me. "You gonna get in my way like he did?" He glanced at a dark figure that was stuck in the wall of a building.

'Ah, so the Wither, probably the best fighter out of the six of us Demon Lords due to being as old as our previous world's time, also gets destroyed. He's well out of my league. Damn it, where'd my luck go?'

"Depends. What are you gonna do with him?" I asked. I was probably having too much confidence to talk to someone like Guy so boldly, but there was nothing else for me to try at the moment. At least nothing that wouldn't get me killed.

The demon hummed, likely thinking of what he'd say to me. "Well, he's the big idiot that made this mess in the first place," He nudged his head to Techno, "so I'm gonna keep him for now."

I had no idea what he meant by that, but I could tell it wouldn't be fun. "So what? You're gonna take him to your dark lair?"

He looked back with a look that told me "What are you going to do about it?"

A funny thought crossed my mind. 'Heh, it's coming full circle.'

Before Guy could speak again, I asked: "Actually, do you even have a house? I haven't seen you in a house."

The demon looked at me in surprise and scepticism. "I do have a house, but it's very far from here."

"Look, are you homeless, and you just don't admit you don't have a house? Do you sleep outside?" I gave as much of a concerned face as I could, even though I was laughing inside at Guy's annoyance.

"Spiritual lifeforms don't even sleep." He narrowed his eyes. "I don't know what you're playing at, but I'm leaving." He turned around, slinging Techno's unconscious body over his shoulder.

"I'm gonna follow you to your house then!" I got up as if to follow him. I wasn't that suicidal, but I wanted to annoy him as much as possible without crossing the "payback threshold".

He looked back, and sent a blow at me, which I dodged based on pure instinct. Had I not gotten out of the way, I wasn't sure how badly I would've been hurt. "You sure you want to?"

The demon left while I was reevaluating my life choices.

I looked back at the wreck, trying to figure out how to clean up the city.

A tall and muscular hobgoblin approached me. "Greetings, Sir.?"

"Dream." I answered. "Just call me Dream."

"Ah yes. Are you a friend of Sir Dave, Sir Dream?" His voice was shaky yet respectful. I commended him for keeping a decent front, even while surrounded by his countrymen's dead bodies.

"Sir Dave?" 'Oh yeah, I forgot about his ridiculous name change.' "Ah, yeah, I was his partner on a couple of.. errands and.. adventures."

"I see." He smiled. "Then, would you mind joining us in a meeting regarding this.." He struggled to find a word to describe the situation.

"Might as well." The reply came quickly from me. "We don't know how long it'll take for them to come back. It's best that we organise ourselves now so we're ready-"