Chapter 10 - Ryu Kamikaze

Rimuru's POV

It was a normal afternoon of teaching the kids when Phil opened up the classroom door like SWAT.

"Rimuru, we've got to go. Bring the kids with you."

Not wanting to deal with panicked kids, I triggered Thought Communication.

What's the issue? And by the way, who is THAT?!

I was referring to the undead behind him, something I would call the personification of death itself. A pitch-black cloaked skeleton figure whose eye sockets glowed with a hint of purple. The few bones that were exposed looked like they were cracking, a similar shade of purple glowing out.

'Jean. I'll fill you in as we go.'

I turn to the kids with as much of a cheery expression as I can muster!

"Well, this was supposed to be a surprise for later, but it can come now! A field trip to Tempest!" I lied as naturally as I breathed. "Last one to get here with their stuff gets no gifts."

The kids were thrilled and ran out of the room. Well, except for Chloe, who looked a little disturbed. She was still hurrying along though, so I let it be.

'So basically Hinata is out for our heads, and it's likely that Yuuki has told her of our current whereabouts.' Phil kept going as the kids packed up.

'Hinata? As in Hinata Sakaguchi?'

'Yes! And Jean is at the limit of her current body, so she can't help us out! We need to get out of here and back to Tempest asap!'

I just followed Phil's lead and sent the kids a thought communication to meet me at the entrance to the school.

Ten minutes later and all of them arrived together.

"Alright! Hope you ate a good breakfast, because we're running!" I started running, and so did everyone behind me.

"Sensei! Wait up!" I could hear Kenya complain.

"Wuahahah! Never!"

We quickly reached the gate. I mean, the kids would make very powerful adventurers if they signed up now, after all.

With the aid of the spirits, each one could make it to B-class, and they were still children. Once they grew up, they'd sure be strong.

After going through all the legal procedures for me and the kids (Jean and Phil just walked through the walls in a secluded spot) we were out.

We jogged for 30 km before I sensed something odd. A strange presence, so to speak.

Suddenly, Phil collapses onto the floor as his magicule count skyrockets.

Jean's magicules also increase well beyond Great Sage's calculating range.

"Oh, boy. What has that blood buffoon done now?" Jean sighed. "Rimuru, I'm gonna give you one chance to get as far away from me as possible. This body is going to explode at the most minimal interference."

As if not enough strange occurrences had happened in succession, a barrier was cast.

«Notice. You are covered in a long-range barrier. Any spatial-intervention skills targeted for beyond the barrier are forbidden.»

A body double of Soei showed up all tattered and worn, as if I wasn't worried enough.

"You m-must escape at once, s-sir."

"Soei, what's going on?"

"Enemies. Far more powerful than I c-could imagine. Pl-" He was cut off mid-sentence by his body double disappearing in thin air.