01 | BEGINNING

01 | the beginnings of
our love story are somewhere
in mesopotamia.

-

500 B.C. | mesopotamia

HER FIRST MEMORY was meeting him. She could remember vividly seeing his soft jawline and the light smirk that he used to hide all his doubts and insecurities. They both stood on their starship that the group was going to use to travel around. It was their first mission, and they were looking at the blue and green planet they now had the responsibility of protecting.

"What? Not impressed?" The girl with red hair, almost strawberry blonde, walked up to the boy. His piercing blue eyes looked away from the sight of the new planet that Ajak called Earth, and he was immediately captivated by the enchanting smirk that graced the girl's lips.

"No, no, just unsure how I will be of use exactly." He admitted. "Not one for combat, I believe. So against giant monsters, I think I won't be much help."

"I'm sure we'll find a use for you." The girl grinned, glancing at him. "I'm Zora."

"Druig." He smiled, feeling a certain warm paired with an unfamiliar fierceness radiating off the girl.

"We're arriving soon." The one who gave them the commands, Zora believed her name was Ajak, told the group. "Sprite, Druig, Phastos, I think I'd rather you all stay behind with me."

He glanced at Zora, whispering, "Told you so."

She scoffed and Druig shrugged, "I'm sure you'll be able to handle it."

"Don't worry about me." Zora smiled confidently before walking off with the others. Druig's gaze followed her till she was off the ship, the man absolutely enchanted by the girl.

When her feet landed on the unfamiliar ground, Zora and the other Eternals were immediately met the cries of settlers and the growls of deviants. A man that Zora believed that was named Ikaris flew into the air to handle the monster by the sea. Zora flew behind him as beams of energy flew out of Ikaris's eyes, sending the Deviant crashing into the water. Lifting up at her hands, she sent bursts of powerful energy in the way of the monster. The energy took shape in the form at a light bolt, causing a flash when the girl casted them. The deviant cried and Ikaris looked at her, smiling slightly, "Do you think you could do that again?"

"Gladly." Zora smirked, whipping her arms and another bolt was sent the deviant's way. Ikaris grinned before his eyes turned an orange, and beams and beams of energy flew out of them and towards the deviant. The deviant was struggling to stay above water, but took another leap towards the two Eternals.

A bolt formed in Zora's hand, using it like a sword, she launched it at the Deviant. The bolt stabbed the monster through the chest and sent it flying towards the water.

"You're impressive." Ikaris admitted, flying next to the girl while they landed on the ground. Zora smiled and he spoke again, "I'm Ikaris."

"I'm Zora." She introduced herself before the two turned around.

A smile rose to Zora's lips when Ajak, Sprite, Phastos, and Druig arrived from the ship. The villagers raised their weapons at the Eternals but Druig stepped forward. He glanced at Zora for a second before his eyes glowed. The eyes of the settlers did the same before they dropped their weapons.

"Well, look who turned out to be useful." Zora whispered, standing next to Druig with a smirk. "Told you so."

"Zora!" Druig spoke before his eyes glowed again and he raised his hand. The girl turned around to see a settler about to throw a spear at her, but he dropped it when his eyes glowed due to Druig's mind control.

"Thank you." Zora spoke and Druig nodded, giving her a small smile.