14 | BROTHER

14 | this is where
it ends, brother

-

2023 | point of emergence

HER LEFT HAND lifted over her chest after her uniform was put on, making Zora smile at the feelings of nostalgia. The UniMind bracelet fastened over her wrist and she was ready. Druig looked at her, surrealness in his eyes seeing her in the uniform again. He was already in his uniform as well and Zora grinned while he spoke, "I forgot how much of Goddess you look like in this."

She stood silent while he held her hand, Druig giving her a look, "Are you sure about this?"

"Someone has to distract Ikaris while you do what you have to." Zora shrugged.

"But Thena offered to do it." He reminded her, sensing the anxieties in her body.

"No," Zora shook her head. "I want to do it. It has to be me."

Her hands went on his shoulders and Zora stepped closer to him. She gave him a soft smile, "Don't worry about me, okay? You're about to control the mind of a Celestial, you have enough things to worry about. If anything, I should be worrying about you."

He shook his head, cupping her face, "Don't. I've got this."

"I know. I believe you." She whispered. "I'll see you after, alright?"

He leaned in slightly, connecting their lips. Zora kissed back, smiling into the kiss while her entire body told him not to let him go.

But she did, she pulled away and smiled. Druig kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you." Zora said back as he walked out of the room. 

Leaning against the wall of the room, Zora glanced up at the statue Arishem, practically taughting the redhead. She scoffed, flipping the statue off.

A few minutes later, the girl didn't even jump when Ikaris came crashing into the room through the ceiling of the ship. He noticed her and shook his head, his eyes wide, "No."

"What's the matter, brother?" Zora questioned mockingly, walking towards him. "You came for a fight, did you not?"

A lighting bolt formed in her hand and Ikaris spoke, "I won't do this, Zora."

"Come on, it'll be fun," She grinned deviously. "We've never fought before."

"And we never will." Ikaris shook his head, backing away. "I won't fight you."

"Oh hell yes, you will," Zora spoke, her eyes lighting up silver. "You'll have to if you want to stay alive."

She immediately threw a lighting bolt at him and Ikaris quickly dodged it. Zora ran towards him, swinging another bolt around while Ikaris just tried to doge her hits, not fighting back.

Ikaris grabbed her arms, slamming her against the wall while his jaw clenched. "Enough, you're my sister. I won't fight you."

"Stop calling me that!" Zora screamed. The girl stared at him, rage running through her before she flew up, two bolts flying out of her hands. Ikaris used his powers to attempt destroy the bolts in the air, but when the energy hit them, the bolts just kept flying towards him. One stabbed him through the shoulder and Ikaris screamed, dropping to his knees.