06 | PROMISES

06 | promises are made to be
broken & to make hearts hurt

-

1521 A.D. | tenochtitlan

Zora felt her entire heart ripped from her chest the moment he took another step. The moment he turned away.

"If you keep walking, I walk away too."

So Zora turned around and walked back up the steps of the temple. She put her entire soul into not letting her tears fall, holding her breath tightly. When she reached the top, the rest of group looked at her. She could see the shock in their eyes at her heartbroken look and the fact that Druig wasn't behind her.

Ikaris gave everyone a look, telling them to drop their stares as he wrapped an arm around Zora and pulled her to his side.

"What's happening?" Zora whispered as quietly as possible, not trusting her own voice.

"We are all leaving," Ajak spoke first. "The deviants are gone, so you are free."

Tears flooded up to Zora's eyes again. She was free. Free to see the world like she always wanted, just without Druig.

Where was she supposed to go?

"You're coming with Sersi and I." Ikaris turned to her. Zora gave him a look. It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"No, no, I really don't want to third wheel for all of eternity." Zora shook her head.

"I wasn't asking." Ikaris shrugged and patted her on the shoulder. "You're my sister, like hell I'm leaving your side right now."

-

2023 | india

"What the fuck am I watching?" Zora whispered to Ikaris as the two of them, Sersi, and Sprite stood on the set of Kingo's latest movie in India. They watched as the Eternal danced and smiled as he filmed a Bollywood dance sequence. "It's not the dance, it's just him."

"Exactly." Ikaris agreed, the two smiling at each other. "I will admit, I've never seen him more in his element."

"Fair." Zora shrugged, nudging her brother.

"Hello," A shorter man walked up to them. "I'm Karun, Kingo's valet. It's truly an honor to be in the presence of the great Eternals."

The four Eternals turned their heads to the man, surprised, just as Kingo spoke, "Cut! Okay everyone, that was good."

Kingo let out a happy scream as soon as he saw the four, "Ah! My friends from college are here!"

Zora couldn't help but smile as Kingo rambled about his movie and gave everyone hugs. The familiar energy from the man automatically lifting her mood.

"I've been waiting for the day the world learns the true identity of the Shadow Warrior." Kingo spoke his monologue as he stared at himself in the mirror of his tent.

"The what?" Zora questioned.

"Ajak is dead." Sprite told Kingo and he turned around in his seat.