12 | ALWAYS

12 | i will always love you,
even if i left you

-

2023 | the domo

"PHASTOS, I NEED TO control the mind of a Celestial." Druig reminded the inventor as everyone stood in the ship.

"Okay, get ready for it," Phastos waved his hands around, moving the hologram invention around with his powers.

"Bracelets? You made us bracelets?" Kingo questioned.

"So we are going to save the world by accessorizing?" Zora questioned, crossing her arms while she tried to hide her smirk. Ikaris shook his head at her, hitting her shoulder lightly.

"No, here's a little Celestial 101," Phastos explained. "Celestials are the most powerful energy generator in the universe. When Arishem made us, he used immense cosmic energy to keep our bodies from generating. The bracelets, in theory, shut down our regenerational process, accumulating extra cosmic energy."

"What for?" Sersi asked.

"Well, if the Deviants can absorb our energy," Phastos reminded. "What if we could absorb each other's energy as well? If I could find a way to connect us all, one of us could become immensely powerful, accumulating all the energy from the rest– Forming a UniMind!"

The group just stared at him, some confused while others just judged. Phastos sighed, "Uni meaning one, mind meaning mind!"

"No, we heard you the first time." Kingo corrected.

"Terrible name." Sprite scoffed.

"It's got a decent ring to it." Zora shrugged and Phastos gave her a thankful smile.

"We'll brainstorm– Brainstorm!" Kingo smiled. "That's it!"

"No, I invented it so I get to pick the name!" Phastos rolled his eyes.

"Suppose that Druig can put Tiamut to sleep," Makkari signed. "Then what?"

"We find humans a new place to live." Sersi suggested.

"Are we going on a boat too? Take one of each animal?" Sprite smirked.

"Sprite, you know what's never saved the world? Your sarcasm." Phastos told the girl and Sprite shrugged.

"Space colonization could take decades." Sprite told Sersi.

"It can happen quickly with our help." Sersi explained.

"What if we accidentally kill Tiamut?" Kingo questioned. "We could be responsibly for billions of lives not being created across the galaxy! Am I right, boss?"

Kingo looked at Ikaris and Zora also turned to her brother, curious what he was going to say.

"Say something Ikaris, you don't think we should be doing this." Sprite told him.

"Ajak chose Sersi, Sersi should decide." Ikaris shook his head.

"Who cares who Ajak chose? You're the strongest, you should be making this decision." Sprite disagreed.