02 | COLUMBIA

02 | new york's finest:
colin the bartender & obviously
columbia university

-

2023 | new york

RED HAIR WHIPPED around when Zora turned her, looking at the man that tried to approach her. She shoved the man away from her, scoffing at the attempt to get her attention. "Brush your teeth every once in a while and maybe I'll give you a chance."

She rolled her eyes at the multiple pairs making out and grinding against each other in the bar, Rain's, to be specific. The bar was very close to the her apartment in New York, which was a quick train ride away from Columbia University, where the girl was studying. She applied as a joke a few years back, and of course, got in. Because she had nothing better to do, the girl was committed to getting a degree.

Running a hand through her hair, Zora made her way to the bar when she saw a specific bartender.

"Breaking hearts?" Colin Holt turned to look at the girl from behind the bar, smirking at her while beginning to pour a shot.

"Always." Zora shrugged, sitting down at one of the stools. "When do you get off?"

"I'm yours at midnight." He replied whilst he held out a shot.

"Oh I'm so glad, Cinderella." Zora smirked, happily taking the shot and pouring it in her mouth.

"You have one hell of a tolerance, Carrot Top." Colin grinned.

Zora pointed at him, glaring, "I hate that one, anything but that."

Colin's favorite pastime, besides hooking up with Zora, was coming up with themed nicknames for her to match her red hair. He had come up with hundreds over the past couple years, practically having a new one every few days.

"Alright, Cherry." Colin smirked again, beginning to make more drinks. "Speaking of which, can I pop yours tonight?"

The two had met in Zora's freshman of university, when he tried refusing to serve her drinks because he didn't believe she was 21. Their chemistry was undeniable, but because of Zora's lack of belief in relationships and Colin's raging commitment issues, they were simply just fuck buddies.

At least that's what Colin liked to call them. Zora preferred the more classy term of friends with benefits.

"Maybe, if you behave." Zora answered.

"When do I not?" Colin teased.

"And if you pour me another shot." She smiled.

"You know your tab here will eventually be as much as your tuition for that prestigious school you go to, right?" He reminded, but poured her another shot anyway.

"It's fine, I know a bartender that can clear it." Zora smirked and Colin rolled his eyes.

"Excuse me, can I get a Whiskey Sour?" A voice questioned, and Zora was immediately intrigued because it was accented and way too familiar for her liking.

She reluctantly turned her head to look to her left, seeing Ikaris smiling at her. Zora grinned, jumping out of her seat, "Ikaris!"