15 | FREE

15 | and just like that,
she was free

-

2023 | the point of emergence

ZORA'S HANDS SHOOK as she continued to stare down at Ikaris. Her breaths were uneven, the bolt was in her hand— Why won't she just kill him?

"The difference between you and Ikaris is your hearts. You have the biggest heart I have ever seen. I have watched you care for the people of this planet since the moment we arrived. Don't let your rage forget why we are doing all this."

She could feel her fast heart rate slowing down as her boyfriend's voice rang through her head. Zora shook her head, she couldn't do this.

"You're better then him."

Opening her eyes, silver turned to blue as the bolt in her hand disappeared and Zora turned back to Ikaris. "I can't kill you."

Ikaris let out a sigh of relief and Zora spoke softly. "Because then I'm you. Willing to kill my family in order to get what I want, but killing you won't get what I want either. Killing you won't bring him back."

"You are going to survive today, we all are." Zora told him. "And you are going to have to live the rest of your never-ending life knowing that you are alive because of me. Because I'm better then what you are. I'm not you, I'm better."

"Phastos!" Zora called and the Eternal ran over. She gave him a knowing grin and Phastos turned to Ikaris.

"I've been wanting to clip your wings for a long time, Ikaris." Phastos admitted, using his powers to create restraints of Ikaris, keeping him on the ground. Zora walked back over, pulling the lighting bolts out of him and they disappeared into the air.

Phastos glanced at Zora, a hand on her shoulder, "You okay?"

"I will be." Zora nodded. "Sersi?"

"She went to stop this." Phastos whispered. "I'm sorry, Zora."

"Where's Sersi?" Ikaris asked.

"You always did underestimate her." Phastos shook his head slightly with a smirk and Zora grinned. Thena walked out of the cave, making the others turn to her. Zora looked at the goddess, nodding at her and Thena nodded back. Both of their eyes' widened when they rose into the air, as did the others. Zora closed her eyes, feeling some power leave her body. The UniMind formed in the center of the island as Sersi slammed her hands against Tiamut, freezing him permanently.

-

"For a second there, I thought you actually killed him." Thena whispered as her and Zora hugged. It was done, Tiamut was dead.

"I'm better then that." Zora shrugged.

"Yes, you are." Thena agreed and glanced at Ikaris, who was still in Phastos's restraints, not even attempting to struggle anymore. "What are you going to do with him?"

"Like a fucking obnoxious as hell bird, I'm gonna set him free and watch him fly away." Zora shrugged, walking over to Ikaris as Sersi appeared. "Sersi?"

The prime eternal stared at Ikaris, who stared at her right back. She turned to Zora and nodded. The restraints on Ikaris disappeared thanks to Phastos, and Ikaris glanced at Zora. He took one final look at everyone before flying away.