Chapter 8: Robin, Johnathan, and- a cheese grater?

Little author's note here: Sorry for the SUPER LATE update. My life has been pretty hectic here lately :/

...

I walked over to the fire, following Robin. She still had the same tensity as earlier, but as I got farther away from people she began to relax.

I approached the fire pit and glanced around. It seemed like all the people who were surrounding it earlier were gone now, and you and Robin were alone. The stars glittered in the night sky as we took seats in a pair of green lawn chairs right next to the fire. You were just close enough to stay warm, but far enough away that the light started to dim. It casted a shadow over Robin's nose, which caused me to smile to myself.

I looked over to Robin, finding her looking down at her lap as she played with the hem of her shirt. Her hair fell in her face and cascaded down her neck, making swirls that I followed with my eyes.

"It really is beautiful out here," I said to her and eyed the tree line. The trees quivered slightly in the wind. She looked up at me from her lap and gave me a warm smile. She relaxed a bit in her chair, all the tenseness she had earlier was almost gone now.

...

Robins POV:

She was so beautiful. I could hardly respond to the things she said. I hadn't known her for long, but I knew one thing- I wanted to get to know her much, much more. I had hoped that taking her away from other people would make it easier to talk to her, but I think it made me more nervous. I took a deep breath and decided that I needed to speak up. If I wanted this girl I was going to have to work for it.

"So, what do you for fun?" I asked looking at her.

...

Y/N's POV

What do I do for fun? This is seriously what she's asking me? What the hell am I supposed to say to this? I just sit in my room play music, video games, and read? That's lame as hell!

"Well, I really like movies. I read a lot too I guess," I said.

"Wait, what movie and books?" she inquired.

"Well, I like Risky Bussiness and Fast Times," I replied.

"Oh, I have never seen those."

"Really? We should watch them sometime!" I said without thinking. After a few beats she looks at me and grins. Oh. SHIT.

"Y/L/N are you asking me on a date?" She said smirking at me.

"Uh? Yeah? I guess?" I said. At this point I was shaking. I didn't mean to do that, but I decided like I was going to play it cool. Steve said to just be confident, no matter what happened.

"Well, you can count me in," she said.

Wait- she said yes?

"I look forward to it," I say as relief washes over my body.  Me and Robin were going to hang out!

About an hour passed and me and Robin were still laughing by the fire pit. I had learned so much about her. She really liked video games, reading, and was in our school band. Her favorite color was blue and when she laughed she snorted.

"And then I said. Hey John, uh how about we leave the cheese grater in the car?" She said laughing. I chuckled at her story. Apparently her and Johnathan Beyers used to be friends and got up to some crazy things.  She had just finished a story about how they were going to go surprise Will in Castle Beyers by clanking pots and pans. I didn't even notice as Steve walked up behind us.

"Hey, Swan Lake!" She said ruffling the hair on my head. "Me and a couple of buddies are thinking about going out to the quarry, wanna come?"

I looked over to Robin and she nodded, "Sure, we'll meet you there in a few minutes. Want me to bring anything?"

"Nope, just yourself and Buckley here" he said. He patted me on the shoulder and started to walk away. His steps were sloppy and I could clearly tell he was drunk.

"Steve!" I yelled.

"Yes, your highness?" he said. Now I noticed the slight slur to his words.

"You're not driving yourself are you?"

"Uh. Well, I was planning on it- duh."

"Nope. No way Steve. You're hitching a ride with me and Robin." I say as I stand up.

"Awe man. Really Swan? I thought you were more fun than this."

"Yep. Come on now," I say as Robin and I stand up and walk over to him. I grab his hand and start dragging him towards the car.

"Aweee Y/N, are you just using this as an excuse to hold my hand? I just knew you were in love with me." He says as I continue to drag him along.

"Shut up dumbass," I say in return.

"Sorry, I forgot you were in love with Buckley here." He said and I tensed up. Robin was ahead of us, so I wasn't sure she heard Steve's remark until she looked back at us. My face flushed red and I kept my head down as we made our way over to the car.

As Robin climbed into the driver's seat Steve looked at me and said "Shit sorry."

"Don't worry about it," I said smiling softly at him as I opened the back door for him to climb into. "We actually have plans for later this week anyways."

"WHAT?" he asks loudly. He slapped his hand to his chest "And you didn't tell me?"

"Shut up. It literally just happened. I'll tell you about it later." I said as I closed the door.

I got in the car next to Robin and she looked at me and smiled. Our moment was interrupted by Steve.

"To the quarry then?"

We rolled our eyes and Robin answered, "Aye Aye Dingus."