-1 || mingyu-

Mingyu and Seungkwan were sitting in Seungkwan's basement playing some competitive game on their phones when Jeonghan sighed loudly earning both of their attention. 

Mingyu looked up first. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I have a proposition," Jeonghan said. "We're one of the most popular guys in school. Yet, none of us have found our soulmates."

"One reason we're popular is because the whole school wants to be our soulmate," Seungkwan said without looking up from his phone.

"And we're kind of rich," Mingyu added. 

"Whatever. My point is, we should have found our soulmates by now."

"And how would we do that?"

"We start somewhere easy," the blonde answered. "We all have people we like, right?"

Mingyu nodded slowly. He didn't like where this was going.

"Let's make a bet. The last one to get a soulmate has to do something that I have yet to think of."

"I speak for both me and Mingyu," Seungkwan said, "we aren't doing that."

"Come on, it'll be fun. It'd add some spice to our already boring lives."

"Why can't we just let it happen? Finding our soulmates, I mean. Why do we have to rush the process?" Mingyu put in. 

Jeonghan leaned back with an annoyed groan. "You guys are boring. Is it so hard to say yes?"

"Do you have to make it a bet?" the turquoise-haired male retorted. 

Jeonghan was known for making many bets that always resulted in his win, and one of the others' losses--usually Mingyu. And the punishments were not fun because Jeonghan was practically the definition of evil when he came up with them. 

Jeonghan leaned forward, meeting each of their eyes. "Think about it," the blonde said. "What if whoever you like turns out to be your soulmate? You'd be thanking me by the time this is over." 

Mingyu couldn't argue. The problem was they'd each have to kiss their crushes to figure out if they were soulmates. Mingyu hardly knew his own crush. And by the time they got to the point of even thinking about kissing, both Jeonghan and Seungkwan would have found theirs. 

Or not. Whoever they like might not even be their soulmates, and there was no saying they were actually going to get a kiss in the first place. 

It was a gamble, and Mingyu was leaning towards playing. 

"Depends on the punishment," Mingyu said carefully. "Have you thought of one?"

"Seriously?" Seungkwan asked in disbelief, looking at Mingyu. "You're going to indulge him in his childish games?"

"I'm literally sitting right here," Jeonghan said.

"Just think about it," Mingyu started. "If we ignore the punishment, we may actually have a serious chance at finding our soulmates."

"You talk all high and mighty, but what'll happen when you lose the bet?" Seungkwan countered.

"I won't," the turquoise-haired male stated. "Because rather than taking the time to get to know my crush, I'll just go up and kiss them."

Jeonghan and Seungkwan looked at their friend with surprise. "You can't actually be serious."

Mingyu hadn't meant to actually say that. He said it on impulse. And now that he did say it, he couldn't back out of it because neither one of them would ever let him live it down.