-48 || jeonghan-

"You really haven't seen him?" Jeonghan asked Chan for the third time that day.

Chan gave him a look as he placed a bowl of noodles on the counter. He sighed. "I can see why Jisoo didn't like you," he said. "What I can't see is why he ever started to like you."

Jeonghan made an exasperated noise. "Chan, please."

There was still thirty minutes before the twenty-four hour mark was up. And since then, nobody has seen Jisoo. Except for maybe Mingyu, but he wasn't answering his phone. Jeonghan even went to their house, and neither of them seemed to be home either.

"He really hasn't told me anything about his whereabouts," Chan told him. A ding sounded behind him "Why don't you ask him?" The younger male pointed at whoever had just come through the door. Jeonghan turned and there was Mingyu.

"Mingyu!" Jeonghan said happily.

Mingyu gave him a suspicious look. "What do you want?"

"You haven't been answering your phone," the blonde accused.

The tall male walked behind the counter and hung his jacket on the coat rack before putting his apron on. "Well, Wonwoo kind of stepped on it last night when it fell out of my pocket."

"Oh? You mean when you guys were feeling each other up in the hallway?"

Mingyu's face flushed a deep red. "Says the one who had to go into a bedroom."

Now it was Jeonghan's turn to blush even though nothing aside that very memorable kiss happened inside that bedroom. He was also reminded of that empty feeling in his chest that had yet to go away.

"Whatever." He brushed it off remembering his original need. "Have you seen Jisoo?"

"Yeah, he and Wonwoo went to the school to tell them they couldn't accept the scholarship," Mingyu told him.

Jeonghan hopped off the stool, satisfied that he finally got a straight answer. He hadn't even thought about what he'd do if Jisoo did accept the scholarship, so it was just his luck he wasn't.

"Wait, Jeonghan, don't go yet," Mingyu called out right as Jeonghan was about to step out of the door.

The blonde turned and witnessed his best friend and Chan--who had already removed his apron, ready to leave--sharing a meaningful look. Chan sighed and put the apron back on. "Go," he said. Then he added something else Jeonghan couldn't make out.

Jeonghan let the door shut behind him. Mingyu sat at a table in the far corner, to which Jeonghan sat across from him.

"He doesn't want to see me?" he asked.

Mingyu ran a hand through his hair with pursed lips. "Jeonghan, there's no easy way to tell you this, but, Jisoo's decided to go back to America."

Dumbfounded, Jeonghan leaned forward. "Didn't you just say he and Wonwoo were going to not accept the scholarship?"

Mingyu nodded. "That's right." Jeonghan was still confused. Mingyu sighed. "My dad is paying for his trip."

"But . . . how long will he be gone? What about . . . ?"

"The kiss?" the other finished.

The blonde nodded.

"When the time's up, Jisoo will be boarding a plane," Mingyu said.

Jeonghan stood up. "Then I have to go stop him-"

"No. He doesn't want you to. This might make you feel a little better: he's really hoping you guys turn out to be soulmates and if you are, he won't board that plane."