-46 || wonwoo-

"Finally we can get rid of you guys," Principal Choi said. He sounded like he was joking, but Wonwoo was pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Wonwoo bounced on his feet, feeling restless. Anytime now, they could announce the winners of the article contest. He prayed that he would at least get second place.

The principal continued to ramble on about being proud of the seniors and so on. It was all boring and Wonwoo was on the verge of telling him to shut up and tell them the winners. Of course, he didn't because he was not only respectful, but he wanted to keep a low profile.

"Now as you've been waiting for, Mr. Min will announce the winners of the article contest."

The mint-haired teacher took the principal's place at the altar. He sighed deeply into the microphone. He didn't want to be there. It was a Saturday evening. Nobody wanted to be there, except maybe the journalism and photography clubs for obvious reasons.

"I can see you guys getting restless," the teacher said into the microphone, grabbing at the piece paper resting on the platform in front of him. He smiled and nodded at the results.

"Okay, first of all, there has been one partnership that has been eliminated from the contest. I won't announce your names, but you know who you are," Mr. Min told the crowd. "I will list winners starting at third place. You don't get a scholarship or anything, but we'll give you something of the sort." He glanced at the principal who just shrugged. "There were plenty of guidelines the went into judging. Both the pictures and the articles were studied thoroughly. So now, third place . . . belongs to Xen and Sebin."

Wonwoo glanced over where they were sitting. Sebin stood up on his chair and took a bow, to which other students cheered. Xen did the same.

In the process, Wonwoo caught Mingyu's eye. The tall male gave him a thumbs up and mouthed, "I know you'll get first."

Wonwoo managed a smile before turning away. He hadn't told Mingyu about the prize change. Mainly because he knew Mingyu would probably encourage him to go, but deep down, Wonwoo didn't want to lose the opportunity either. It was two years learning how to professionally do what he absolutely loves.

At least he'd know that he was good enough to win it if he did. It was like a confidence boost in a way.

"Now, second place. The prize is a summer internship with HIT entertainment plus an additional five hundred dollars." A dramatic pause. "Second place goes to . . . Soonyoung and Seokmin!"

They were all the way on the other side of the gym, but Wonwoo could hear them as clearly as he would be able to if they were right next to him. They were yelling and screaming and possibly crying? Wonwoo couldn't tell. The two eventually walked up to the stage to claim the tiny check the school provided, granting them their $500. Wonwoo made a note to congratulate them later.

This meant that Wonwoo and Jisoo still had a chance of getting first place. If they did, that would mean the scores from a couple weeks ago would have flipped. He looked back over in Mingyu's direction. Mingyu was confused.

"Now, first place. The prize being a two year scholarship in America," Mr. Min continued.

Mingyu rose an eyebrow and Wonwoo had to look away again.

"First place belongs to . . ." Wonwoo took of his glasses and used his sweatshirt to clean them. "Jisoo and Wonwoo!"

Wonwoo and Jisoo had no need to walk up to the stage, so instead Wonwoo just stared at the ground. He was having the opposite reaction he should have after winning such an amazing prize, but he couldn't help it. He wasn't sure how to feel in that moment.

The ceremony like session ended and the students were all released from the cramped gym. Mingyu immediately caught up with Wonwoo right after.

"Congratulations!" he said. He looked like an extremely proud boyfriend which Wonwoo both loved and hated. Did Mingyu not mind such a huge gap between them for two years?

"Thanks," he said, trying to put on a happy face. After all, he does feel happy. Extremely so, actually. It was the question as to whether he should feel that way. He really didn't know.

"The guys are all going to a party to celebrate our freedom. Do you wanna go?" Mingyu said.

"We're gonna waste our freedom on crowded spaces and alcohol?" Wonwoo asked.

"Or we could do something else," Mingyu suggested, his voice almost seductive. "By ourselves."

The elder male was left speechless. His mind was completely blank.

Mingyu laughed and nudged his shoulder.  "I'm kidding. But we really don't have to go to the party if you don't want to."

"To the party it is," Wonwoo croaked out, picking up pace in an attempt to run away from his embarrassment.

The party was being held at a fellow student's house who Wonwoo couldn't remember the name of for the life of him. All he knew, is it wasn't just graduates here. People from Attaca High were attending too and there was no shortage of the alcohol Wonwoo had mentioned earlier. On top of that, the music was way too loud for his liking.

They headed directly for the kitchen as they usually did and went for the drinks. Mingyu grabbed two cans of unopened soda but Wonwoo shook his head as he reached for a red cup filled with a mysterious liquid.

"Are you sure?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo nodded. It'd been a while since he'd drunken alcohol, and wasn't completely against the idea of it right now. It's not like he was going to get drunk or anything. Besides, a pleasant buzz wasn't going to hurt. In fact, it was probably exactly what he needed at that moment.

🌈

Or not.

He'd forgotten how low his alcohol tolerance was.

Mingyu took the third cup out of Wonwoo's hands and guided him away from the speakers. It was still obnoxiously loud, but Wonwoo didn't mind so much anymore.

"Do you wanna leave now?" Mingyu asked as he ran a hand through his hair. He looked more amused than anything. Wonwoo was showing his a side of him he hadn't seen before. Wonwoo could thing of countless stupid things that had left his mouth, but there was nothing horrifyingly embarrassing.

On top of his amusement, Mingyu still cared for Wonwoo's well-being, so he wasn't about to let him get completely slammed which Wonwoo would appreciate later.

Wonwoo studied his soulmate. From the messy dark hair he constantly wanted to run his fingers through, to the brown eyes he would never get sick of, to the plush pink lips Wonwoo wanted against his.

Oh God.

His thoughts were getting out of control. And then, the link between his filter and his mouth seemed to completely vanish.

"Why don't you ever kiss me?" he asked, stepping closer so he didn't have to yell and to play with a crease in Mingyu's T-shirt he'd been staring at.

Replaying this later, Wonwoo would think that this was a horrifyingly embarrassing moment. 

"I didn't want to invade any of your boundaries again," Mingyu said, bending down so he can talk normally in Wonwoo's ear. His hot breath sent shivers down Wonwoo's spine.

Wonwoo turned his head. Since Mingyu was still leaning over, their faces were now mere inches apart. "I don't mind," Wonwoo murmured.

Mingyu closed the space between them without hesitation. His hand was immediately tangled in Wonwoo's hair, and their bodies were pressed together. Wonwoo's hands explored Mingyu's body through his clothes as their lips stayed connected.

They were in a public crowded space, but Wonwoo could care less as Mingyu's lips explored his jawline and down his throat.

This was exactly what Wonwoo wanted right in that instant.

--------------------

a/n: Sorry I am a day late, but here you go! Enjoyyy~