Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home

It was a good, long 3 days of venturing into the unknown, but the 5 cookies couldn't be happier to finally go home and rest in the safety of their homeland.

Gingerbrave and his friends were on the Bear Jelly Balloon, heading back to the kingdom. With a few riches in hand, thanks to Chili Pepper.

"Phew! Glad that fiasco is over." A young cookie in dark blue robes, a cone hat and a white scarf, Wizard Cookie sighed as he sat down on the floor, setting aside his candy staff next to him.

"I'm just happy we get to finally go home." Strawberry hid her face behind her hood.

"Look at all these LOOT! Those Ginkgoblins should know a thing or two about messing with us! All mine! MINE!" Chili Pepper frothed at the amount of gold that was in the sack she brought.

"I am rather curious though. How did the Ginkgoblins find their way to the North? I-I thought the last time we saw them, they all resided in the East along the Pilgrim's path." Wizard thought out loud.

"Oh who cares about why they ended up there! All that's important is that I mugged all of their valuables!" Chili Pepper waved off Wizard's question and dug deep into the pile of rarities.

"So, what do are you guys gonna do after we get home?" Strawberry asked, starting a conversation. She's been working on being more social for the past month, it was a bit hard for her since she still get's all flustered and overthinks about the worse possible outcome.

"All I know is I'm gonna hide these bad boys in my secret stash!" Chili Pepper admired a shiny coin before tossing it back into the pile to admire another shiny coin.

"I'm going to return to my study at my tower unfortunately. But do visit sometimes! There are so many things I want to show!" Wizard grabbed hold of his staff and gently caressed the wood handle.

"Your king is VERY tired..! I must go back to the castle to rest! A king should always be well rested before he goes back to his duties..!" Little prince Custard Cookie III waved his scepter high.

Being the healer of their team, he was tuckered out the most from healing his friends. He had worked extra hard this time since the area they have exhibited were filled with creatures that had ambushed the group left and right.

Though the frontliners were still fairly injured, his efforts weren't left in vain. Strawberry and Gingerbrave's wounds would have been far worse if it weren't for the small king.

"I'll... most likely play more games by the time I get to my house... What about you Gingerbrave?" Strawberry looked up to the plain cookie next to her.

The boy wasn't paying attention to whatever conversation that was being held at that moment. He was just looking into the horizon as the wind blew on his face.

He was thinking about their journey. From where it all began to where they are now. From waking up from the heat of the oven to building a bountiful, prosperous kingdom now filled with unique cookies from all over Earthbread.

The thought made a small smile creep up on the boy's dough. I can't believe we've made it this far... He thought to himself.

"...Hey kid, are you even listening??" Chili Pepper's voice echoed through his ears, snapping him out of what ever trance he was in.

"Ah! Sorry! I guess I spaced out huh?" Gingerbrave looked back to his friend, rubbing the back of his flat head in a sheepish manner.

"Were you thinking of something..?" Wizard asked their leader.

"Well, yeah..." The young cookie faced his friends as he leaned against the Balloon's basket.

"I was just, thinking about how far we've come actually!" Brave looked up at the flame that kept the balloon afloat. Seeing a kindle of flame didn't bother him anymore. Yet extreme temperatures still make him shudder in fear.