Chapter 3: Mona's escape and trouble on the island

In Visconti manor

Mona got her bag ready and carried EJ

She knew there would be some guard in the halls so she plan to escaped from the balcony.

Mona's POV

It may be risky but the best choice to not be seen, if I go down the balcony to the garden, I can try to climb over the fence, I can go to the boardwalk and take a boat to freedom and lucky for me it was raining so no one can hear me.

I used my long quilt to climb down bit I saw a guard by the glass door scared he'll see me and the quilt was ripping and the guard left and luckily I landed safely on a bush and use the quilt to shield us from the rain and I ran to the fence and started climbing but the time I got to the other side all the boats were gone and I have to go to town for shelter but who can I trust.

In town

Third person's POV

Mona was walking through town and EJ was crying from the rain and she started crying too and fell to her knees

Someone arrived and it was Daniela

Daniela said, "Santa mozzarella! Are you alright! Come with me, I'll let you two stay at my place till you find a place for yourself and your family."

Daniela took Mona to her house and got her settled in, Luca and Grandma Paguro were helping and Mona told them her story and they were gonna help her and there wasn't much room so they use their attic for them to stay in.

On Isla del mare

They all arrived and saw a tower and when they went inside they saw missing items, gold, gems and jewels treasure, and much more and they all started taking how much they can carry and put them in their bags but they all started getting violence with greed and selfishness.

Lorenzo got enough to support his family and pay all the bills and debts and so much more.

But as they were leaving everything was all foggy and Lorenzo bumped into a rock statue which reminds him of Luca.

Lorenzo saw a name carved on the stone and said, "Smuca? He almost looks like Luca."

He was about to touched it..

But then growling sounds happened and out of the mist fog sea monsters emerged from the sea and surrounded everyone.

And a giant kraken emerged and spoke

The kraken said, "Disgusting land monsters! Stealing from us! Trespassing on our island! And you tiny man touching the statue of my old beloved! You all as punishment you shall all stay!"

Ercole said, "No senior kraken! We will give you anything!"

The kraken thinks and said,

"Alright you leave and never return, you can take the possessions if you leave someone here or get someone to stay here for your greed you must give a sacrifice."

Ercole said, "Yes, We'll decide who will go."

The Kraken said, "No who ever stays must come willingly and I'll be there first thing in the morning to get the one who is staying with us for all eternity, and if there is no one you will all parish!"

They all feared and ran to the ship and sailed back to Potoroso.

In Visconti manor

Ercole returned to find out his wife and child is fine and he screamed out with rage and ordered some of the guards to search for his family and bring them back.

Ercole looked out the window and said,

"Oh Mona, you really think you can get away from me that easily, I own you! I own you since the day we met! Our marriage! And when you had our son! You won't get away from me and when I find you your gonna regret running away!"

At the Paguro home

Lorenzo got home to see everyone waiting for him and seeing his face they knew something was wrong.

Lorenzo said, "You all might want to sit down for this, it's very important."