Chapter 5: Unexpected proposal

On the island

Luca made it and walked on the island.

Luca looked around and said, "Hello?... Anyone here?"

As he walked he saw the rock statue with the name Smuca, he was about to touch it, then he was grabbed and pulled into the darkness.

Out of the story

The father said, "Should I stop reading?"

The eldest daughter said, "No keep reading."

The youngest said, "Yeah, what happened next?"

Back to the story

Luca woke up, chained up and was trying to break free and he saw he was in a cave.

A voice spoke,

"Don't fight it, you won't break free..."

Luca said, "Who are you?"

Giulia said, "I'm Giulia and my brother will be here to decide your fate or decide what you can do for him."

Luca sighs and think what he can do for them.

Then Massimo arrived and said, "My son will see you now."

He and Giulia took Luca to the kraken who was waiting outside the cave with his loyal subjects, he turned into a small sea monster and got close to Luca.

Luca looked at him and realized who he is and said,

"Your the one I met years ago as a child."

The sea monster spoke and said,

"My name is Alberto Scorfano and I think the suitable punishment for your town's sins is execution!"

Luca got scared and said,

"No! Please! Treasure isn't really something to kill someone for! And there must be something else I can do for all of you!"

Alberto said, "Like what?

Luca thinks and said, "I won't return and you can me your servant or righthand man or anything you desire."

Alberto took a closer look and his eyes widen as he seen someone he missed a lot and said,

"I think I have an idea... you will become my husband."

Everyone gasped and Luca was very surprised

Luca thinks and said, "If I have no choice... I guess I will, I'm young, pure and healthy."

Giulia inspected him and nods her head and she turned to Alberto.

Giulia said, "Are you sure about this Alberto? Won't something happened like last time?"

Alberto said, "I've already made my decision and he is fiance now but Luca if you become my fiance, you will never return home, you won't escape the island and you must obey my every words."

Luca looks down, sughed, took a deep breath and nodded his head.

Alberto said, "Then it's final, in a few months you will marry me and become one of us, no turning back."

He got a ring with a gem the color of the ocean and placed it on Luca's finger.

Luca said, "If this is all I won't escape and remain here but I will ask to get to know you before marrying you, because I don't want to marry someone I just met and I wanna get to know them."

Alberto said, "Alright, I'm Alberto Scorfano, I'm 19 years old, I'm a sea monster who can turn into a kraken, and your fiance now."

Luca said, "I'm Luca Paguro, I'm 18 years old, I'm human who sacrificed himself for his family, and your fiance too."

Massimo said, "Get to know each other and you better treat my son with love, honor, and respect."

Luca said, "I promise."

Alberto bites Luca on his shoulder and Luca winced in pain and said,

"Why would you do that!?"

Alberto said, "So you will turn into a sea monster slowly every day until our wedding day you will officially become one of us."

They dragged him into the water and Luca held his breath until he felt a little bit a air and felt little gills on his neck and he could now officially breathe underwater.

They swam for a while till they got back to the island and Luca has to stay in the tower for now but luckily the servants had fixed it up and has everything fit for a king.

Alberto said, "Enjoy your stay here, you will have a daily routine, every morning I will ask you a different question, around in the evening you will be with my sister and father to learn everything how to be a sea monster and a good husband and at night you will have dinner with me and the other sea monsters and be showered with gifts, food and much more and you must follow my orders if you want to live."

He pulled Luca into their first kiss and left with his loyal subjects and Luca del to his knees to cry but he knew he made the right decision.

He lays down on his bed to sleep waiting for his new daily routine first thing in the morning.