Chapter 4: A Family argument/ Luca's decision

Third person's POV

At The Paguro House

"WHAT!?" Said Daniela.

Lorenzo said,

"I know, I know, it's a lot but one of us has to do this and it should be me."

Luca said, "No! You have to stay dad!"

Lorenzo said, "No if I stay I'll end up making us poor again and you all won't live in poverty again and Luca you can finish school and don't have to send us money."

Grandma Paguro said,

"NO! You are part of this family and we need you!"

They all argued very loudly

Luca shouted,

"Enough you are not going and that's final!"

Daniela raised her voice and said,

"Luca! You need to stay out of this! We can't keep involving you in this anymore, I think we should sent you to live with uncle ugo for a few years."

Luca said, "What!? No I'm not living with him!"

Daniela said, "I'm sorry but it's already decided! Your going first thing in the morning! He'll take you to your university, set you up with someone and you don't have to worry about us."

Luca said, "No I'm not going!"

Daniela said, "I know what's best for you! It's done, your going and that's final young man and no way out of it!"

Luca said angrily, "It's my decision! I'm not a little kid anymore! Stop treating like that and accept I've grown up!"

Daniela was very angry she slapped Luca across his face, it shocked everyone including Daniela herself.

Daniela said, "Luca! I-I'm so sorry... I didn't me-."

Luca cut her off and shouted, "I Hate You Guys!"

He ran to his room and locked the door to cry, he knew his parents wants what's best for him but he never expected his parents would do this.

A few hours later

Luca's POV

I started dreaming about his past.

I had gotten an A+ and tried to show my dad but he was always too busy and not paying much attention to him.

My mom was too over protective of me that she stop taking caring of herself and focus on other things.

Grandma Paguro mostly raised me when his parents are too busy and she always told me.

Grandma Paguro said, "Their sacrificing everything for you to give you everything they never had and wants you happy, they do all this because they love you."

My dream started turning into a nightmare

I woke up in his room and heard my mother crying downstairs and Grandma Paguro tried to calm her down and after a few short moments... Daniela died from a broken heart.

I looked out the window seeing my father aboarding a ship to go to the island, I ran chasing and calling his name but it was too late.

I shouted, "PAPA!"

The kraken roared and clawed down at my father making him fall into the sea along with his boat.

Then I woke up, catching my breath from my nightmare, I knew I wasn't going to make it a reality all because of them taking care of me so I'll let them take care of themselves and not let them worry about me anymore.

No Ones POV

Daniela and Lorenzo were asleep and they heard the door open and close that woke them up and tried to see what's going on but they were locked in and something is blocking the door from the outside.

They kept charging at the door till it broke down and they got out and saw a note from Luca

The note: I'm sorry mom and dad but I must go and give myself up, I'm the reason you both stopped caring for yourselves and providing for me, but I shall not be responsible for both of your deaths too, I love you both, Ciao forever love your son Luca.

Luca had his suitcase ready, he started heading to town and was going to do the next right thing.

He went to the docks and stole a boat and started to head towards the island and give himself to the sea folks and the kraken.

Daniela and Lorenzo ran to stop Luca while shouting and calling for help to stop him, which woke everyone of the townspeople including Ercole.

They all saw Luca getting in the boat and going into the fog

Luca shouted, "I'm sorry! But I must do this! Stay safe!"

Daniela cried out, "My baby Luca!"

Luca disappeared into the mist without knowing who was waiting there for him on the island.