A life changing ride

Disclaimer: this story is just a fan fiction and has nothing to do with the real life characters. It's just my imagination.

Today was a dream come true moment for both our darlings. Wishing only the best for both our thangams💖

The strangest thing about their journey was that, it all began with a rose. No one in the entire world would have thought that a rose has got the power to change an entire life of two strangers.

The sky dusked and sivaangi was enjoying her evening coffee in the terrace gazing at the new bloomed rose. It looked effortlessly pristine and she was swiftly reminded of the role that a red rose had in her life almost two years back. She would have never thought that a rose could present her with few memorable souvenirs to adore for a lifetime.

And then, just as she drifted her memories, her phone vibrated. She unlocked her phone and stared at the screen. Finally! It was his message.

"Hi sivaangi ma...

How about a long drive?

It's been long right?"

Her eyes brightened at the mention of long drive. She was missing those night drives with him. She happily texted him back "I'm always ready ashwineyy"

The drive was filled with little talks and few wordless conversations. Sivaangi had so much to talk about her projects and as usual ashwin was enthralled in her little talks.

As they took baby steps towards the sunset point, the orange sun was all set to descend and pave a way for the moon to ascend. Both of them surrender to the light breeze accompanying the long tides. They sat there in solace savouring the moment until the sun was replaced by the crescent moon. The silence was broke by her squeal as she spotted a kulfi counter.

Ashwin turned to the glowing face under the moonlight dragging him to buy kulfi for her.

"Vaaa ashwineyy"

(Come with me)

Sivaangi moaned as she had a bite of her favourite kulfi and ashwin admired her cute antics. Sivaangi stared at him and raised her eyebrows in question. He in turn just shook his head as nothing and carry on with his kulfi.

A drop of that creamy kulfi on her pink nose made his heart flutter. He moved forward and wiped off the cream affecting her whole body. She could feel the sweet tension between them. She couldn't move or talk. She stood there witnessing her own crimson red face on his glassy eyes.

He slightly turned away still in a close proximity where both of them could feel their body brushing each other. He turned to look at her and he saw one of the best moments of his life. The glow of the moonlight dazzling on her skin, her cheeks blushing slightly and her lips smiling at him was creating havoc inside him.

As they strolled towards his car their hands brushed and in a spur of a moment sivaangi wrapped her hands on his arms. Ashwin tilted his face at her and passed a charismatic smile. There were very few words exchanged between them at that moment but their hearts exchanged their unsaid feelings flawlessly.

Out rightly they could see a craving, a thirst to be in each other's embrace and love each other without any label. They felt magical at the moment. It was a strange feeling of love and peace that they didn't want the moment to end.

A flash of memory passed through their eyes when they saw a vendor selling roses as they neared to the car. Ashwin moved to the vendor leaving her hand and bought a white rose. 60 odd seconds later, he came back jogging towards her and gave her the rose with a radiant smile which made her dizzy.

She was about to utter something when he placed his fingers on her lips "sshhhhh"

She just nodded to his instruction and got settled in the car as he sped off and the remaining drive was occupied with utter silence. Only their eyes captivated quick glances amidst the calmness.

As ashwin halted his car in front of her home, he felt a sudden realization of his motto behind today's long drive. He was prepared to confess something to her but he was driven by his own emotions being with her after a while. He was lost in those dark hues of the sky and the moonlight casting its ray of light on her face.

He badly wanted this long drive to be a testimony of a new beginning to their relationship but was a bit hesitant to express his love for her. What if she doesn't love him back? What if she rejects him? What if she stops talking to him? His mind was having hundreds of what if's when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Ashwin...naan onnu sollatta?"

(Can I tell you something?)

"Sollu ma"

(Go ahead)

"Innekku namma onna long drive pona mathiri life poora onna long drive ponom nu enakku aasai irukku" she took a deep breath and asked "mudiyuma?"

(I would like to go for long drives with you for a lifetime)

(Is it possible?)

His reverie was broken as she snapped her fingers on him "Ashwiney naan sonnathu ungalkku kettucha?"

(Did you listen to what I just said?)

His heart skipped a beat when she casually confessed her feelings. That was sivaangi for him. She didn't have to mask her feelings with him. She just had to be herself when he is around.

He unfastened his seat belt and snaked his arms around her shoulders taking her for a quick hug "Thank you sivaangi ma"

"I was hesitant to propose you but..."

"But I made your job easy right ashwiney?" she said giggling

He parted the hug and their eyes held each other as magnets. His eyes twinkled and her eyes fluttered in happiness.

"Life poora un kooda long drive poga enakku sammadham"

(I'm ready for all the long drives with you lifelong)

From yearning for each other's presence to spending the entire day in each other's embrace, they had come a long way in the wake of being introduced to each other by a rose in one of the most celebrated cooking show.

Hope you all enjoyed reading this🌹

If you like this one, don't forget to vote and comment. Your love is my boost.

If you have any OS ideas or suggestions do drop your thoughts.

Thank you for your valuable time💜