The purple umbrella PT 3

Here is the final part. Thankyou for the overwhelming response for the first two parts.

Sivaangi took a step back and said "Enakku time venum"

"Okay" ashwin said in a known tone with a smile "Evalo naal aanalum evalo years aanalum I'll wait for you"

Sivaangi blinked for a minute at his comment and thought for a while before answering "A promise is a word which has so much of impact. So choose it wisely"

She couldn't take the risk of falling in love again and he didn't have the courage to not love her.

"Naan pesa matten senju kattuven" ashwin said determined.

She finally smiled "Ashwin I like you but I definitely need time to trust you with my heart"

"I understand and I don't want to put you in a position to choose me over you. All that I'm asking is to give yourself a chance. You deserve a chance"

After much contemplation she spoke "Ok. But I have few conditions"

"Go ahead"

"Namma next 7 months meet panna koodathu. No texting, no calls. Not even once n if you still feel like I own a part of your heart come and meet me on May 25th okay?"

Ashwin in a heartbeat replied "It's a double okay from my side. Till then work on yourself. Achieve your dreams and live your life happily and most importantly love yourself. Then come back to the place where you belong to n you can see me waiting for you with all my heart"

Sivaangi had loved so sincerely that she never gave emphasis to herself. She always cared for gautham. She was even ready to change herself for him. She never liked long hairs but she grew it only for him. She never realized that he wanted her to become like someone else until he left her.

But this person who is standing right in front of her looking intently into her eyes with so much of love and asking her to love herself and be happy herself felt home. For the first time in these three years, she missed her amma and appa who still calls her sivu papa.

Sivaangi's eyes glistened at the thought of ashwin giving her the right to take a decision for her, for them. She just hummed with a slight smile and took few steps back to her home with the umbrella.

Ashwin observed her carefully as she walked to the door. He knew that time was running out but suppressed the urge to check his watch. He took a deep breath and started counting in reverse under his breath. "Ten, nine, eight, seven..."

"Ashwin"

"Hmm?"

"I'm giving my favourite purple umbrella to you. Please keep it safe. Ok then Bye"

"Was that a subtle promise from her side?" he thought and squealed in happiness as he sped off to his home.

The first week was kind of easy as ashwin got bust with his work and sivaangi with her music class. She was now even touch with her parents through video calls and promised to meet them every month end. She was obviously getting healed by time and he was missing her each day whereas sivaangi was still apprehending to miss him.

Weeks went by and a month went by when sivaangi was slightly missing him amidst being so busy taking up few carnatic concerts. Her dream was to conduct concerts and she was gradually ticking off her wish list and all that she missed was his voice. She even stopped listening to his fm owing to the promise.