Nee illamal nan illai

Hi lovelies double update day. Enjoy 💛

So, this is going to be a TS and I would like to give a short disclaimer that this is going to be an emotional one but trust me the story is going to be filled with pure love and sentiments.

Present

It was around 2 am in the morning and the driver of the jeep was a bit tired and was feeling drowsy after a tiresome day. He tried blinking his eyes to not sleep but the next second he could see a tanker lorry approaching them and before he could even react the person on his left side shouted in shock and he felt the jeep flipping over the highway. All he could remember was the other person lying in a pool of blood before he became unconscious.

Flashback

It was still dawn and the early morning december air was pleasantly cold. The chirping of the birds and the tiny dew drops on the leaves were a usual backdrop in the lovely house amidst the Chennai city corner it sat. The tiny garden was bloomed with flowers and a mango tree stood at the corner of the garden majestically.

The front door latched open revealing a 5'11 man in his tracks huffing with the lack of breath and a newspaper in his hand. There were sweat beads on his forehead and few of the drops were slipping into his well-built chest. He placed the newspaper on the holder and turned to the kitchen and drank the already prepared warm lemon juice. He smiled as he sipped the beverage and head to his bedroom finishing it in a go.

He opened the door of his white bedroom and could hear a soothing voice from the shower. He took the neatly folded white towel that was kept on the queen-sized bed and knocked the bathroom door only to get pulled inside by a kutti kai. Half an hour later the bathroom door latched open with a clicking sound and the man entered the room wiping his hair in a khaki pants.

A few seconds later a young lady opened the door and dropped all the used cloths in the laundry bag and turned to the dressing table to see her husband struggling with the buttons of his white shirt. She smiled and gathered her pallu tucking it to her waist and pulled him to her side. She wordlessly buttoned the shirt one by one. She smiled to the way he was clutching on her waist as if his life depended on her.

"Ketta periya police inspector ana oru button kooda poda theriyathu" she said as she finished her job and turned to the mirror on the dressing table only to be locked under the manly hands. He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to him placing his head on her shoulder blade.

"Athukku nee irukkiye" he whispered and she took the thaali kept on the table and gestured him to help her.

"Naa illamal pona?" she quickly reverts back as he took the thaali from her hands.

"Ma kaalayile yen ippadi negative ah pesura? Unakke theriyum, nee illamal nan illai nu approm yen ippadi ellam solli..." his words got stuck at the ringing sound of his phone. He sighed and answered the call placing the mobile on his left ear and simultaneously made her wear the thaali.

"Good morning, Ashwin" the caller said.

"Good morning, Sir. Any emergency?" Ashwin reciprocated caressing her hairline.

"Yes. We have found a male body at the dumping site of Chennai corperation. It seems to be the body of health minister's elder son. I want you to go and check the site and let me know the details" his senior ordered him.

"Sure sir" Ashwin responded looking at his wife getting ready through the mirror staring at him.

"It's a very very crucial case. So, keep that in mind. We also have pressure from the higher authorities" the IG alerted him.