Chapter 1

"Elisa please just go with him." Mom says. "Mom I don't want to." I say cleaning my records. "Its just one date." She says. She's been very concerned recently that I'm not dating, probably because my 19 year old cousin is getting married. "Ok fine I'll go." I say. She claps her hands together and smiles. "Curfew?" I ask. "No dear you are 19." She says. "Ok I'll take that as 9." I say.

I pick up my stack of records and head upstairs to get ready. I decided on bell bottoms and a red lantern sleeve sweater. I curled my brown hair so it draped over my shoulders in waves. I was doing my makeup when the phone rang. "Hello?" I asked. "Hello, is this Peterson household?" I hear an English accent say through the phone.

"No um this is Elisa Weaver." I say. "Oh well I'm sorry I must have the wrong number." He says. "Oh ok, I might know who you are trying to call, what is their name?" I ask. "Colin Peterson." He says. "I don't know, I'm sorry." I say. "Its ok, thank you." He says. "No problem, bye bye." I say before hanging up the phone. "Bye bye." He says.

I hang up the phone and finish doing my makeup. I made it to the restaurant where I'm supposed to meet my date. I concentrate on my walking because of the heels my mom insisted I wear to accommodate my height of 5'0". It seems like I was paying to much attention to not falling over that I ran right into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I say trying to figure out what happened. "No I'm sorry that was my fault." He says. "Are you ok?" He asks as he grabs my hand to help me up. "Yes I'm fine." I say fixing my hair. He looks around before he says. "Let me buy you a drink." He says.

"I actually have a date but maybe a rain check?" I say tilting my head. "Sure that'd be great, can I get your number?" He asks. "577-289-6484." I say. He quickly grabs a pad of paper and a pen and writes it down. "I'll give you a call." He says smiling. "Ok I should be home around 9." I say before walking away.

I sat at the table with Benji Nicolas for what felt like forever, after hearing him talk about his 'amazing' internship for the 5th time I completely zoned out, I couldn't stop thinking  the call I got today. I've never gotten a wrong number call. Maybe the Peterson's used to live in my house?

At 8:30 I told Benji that I had a curfew and I had to leave, he asked for my number, I gave him the rejection hotline number. I pulled into the driveway in my light blue 1967 Volkswagen Beetle. Throwing my keys on the side table I heard my mom running down the stairs. "How'd it go?" She asks.

"Terrible. He wouldn't stop talking about himself." I say taking my coat off. "Did you at least give him your number?" She asks in a hopeful tone. "Yes, if my number is the rejection hotline." I say before heading up to my room. "Oh Elisa." Mom says with her hands over her eyes.

"I'm expecting a call at 9, I'll be in my room. Love you ma!" I yell from my room. I jump on my bed and wait until 9 for him to call, I didn't even ask his name, who wouldn't ask for his name? The phone rang at 10:15, I quickly picked it up and put it to my ear.

"Hello?" I say. "Hi." I hear the same voice from earlier say. "Oh wrong number again?" I ask. "What do you mean? Elisa weaver?" He asks. "Yep." I say disappointed. "I'm sorry, it seems like you were expecting an important call." He says. "Well he was supposed to call at 9 so I gave up hope." I say laughing.

"Is that a bee gees record playing?" He asks. "It is actually, are you a fan?" I say looking up at my record player. "Yep I am." He says. "I should probably let you go, I don't want to keep you hung up on the phone." He says. "If your not busy I'd love to keep talking." I say.

3 hours later my mom picked up the line and told me to get off the phone. "Well I guess I need to go to sleep." I say sadly. "Goodnight." He says. "Wait I didn't get your name." I say. "I'll tell you tomorrow." He whispers. "Goodnight." I whisper. He hangs up the phone and I get ready for bed.

"Who was that on the phone? I'm not used to hearing a mans voice on the phone." Mom says. "Oh just someone that called the wrong number." I say looking at the ceiling. "Oh ok." Mom says slowly shutting the door. I stared at the ceiling for probably hours, someone actually wanted to talk to me, to be my friend.

First thing in the morning when I was getting ready I heard the phone ring, I picked it up. "Hello fella." I say. "How'd you know it was me?" He asks. "Lucky guess." I say. "May I ask your address?" He asks. "May I ask why?" I say. "Its a surprise." He says. "Well how do I know that the surprise isn't you being a murderer?" I ask sarcastically.

"Take a chance?" He asks. "Fine. 1561 Rockhurst drive, Manchester, Lancashire England." I say. "Well we live very close to each other." He says. "Well that sounded suspicious." I say. "You should receive a package in the next few days. I'll talk to you soon." He says before he hangs up. I finish getting ready and move along with my day.

Just like he said, a package arrived on my doorstep a few days later. It was signed anonymous, I ripped the brown paper open to reveal a bright red felt album with gold lettering that said 'Odessa.' I opened the center fold I saw 3 signatures and as I looked closer I saw that it said 'Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb and Maurice Gibb.'

My jaw dropped, I pulled the vinyl out and placed it on my record player letting the needle slowly rest on it. "Um how did you get this? Its signed and I don't even think this was released yet." I say as soon as he answers the phone. "Well hello." He says. I can hear him smiling through the phone.

"Do you like it?" He asks. "Its amazing, I just finished listening to the first lp." I say. "So how'd you get it?" I ask. "It was um a promo, I'm close with the Gibbs." He says. "You are? That is so amazing." I say almost star struck. "I haven't always been that good in the friends department, so their music has helped me through a lot." I say smiling.

"Really?" He says almost shocked but I can still hear this smile. "Yeah." I say. "I'll make sure to tell them." He says. "So when do I get to meet you mystery man?" I ask. "Not yet, but soon I promise." He says. "Can I at least get your name?" I ask. "I'm sorry but that will have to wait too El." He says. I feel butterflies erupt in my stomach from the nickname. "Ok." I whisper.

Hey! First chapter of wildflower! I hope you enjoyed it, please comment, vote, share and follow! Follow me on insta @aneverlastinglove_wattpad
Stay groovy!
Published 11/11/21.
Word count: 1285