Chapter 6

"Hey, how are you doing?" Maurice asks leaning against the doorframe. "Oh just a little stressed." I say. "Do you want to go somewhere? Or can I get you anything?" He asks. "Maybe can we listen to music?" I ask. "Sure um I have to grab something just wait in here." He says. "Ok." I say before he shuts the door behind him.

I laid back on the pillow and shut my eyes tightly. A few minutes later the door opened again. "Wanna come sit in the living room? I have the stereo all set up." He says. "Sure." I say sitting up and walking into the living room. "Hey Elisa." Barry says. "Barry, Robin, hi!" I say smiling. "Elisa we're so sorry about what happened." Robin says.

"Don't be sorry, its not your fault." I say. "Well Maurice said that he needed some music help so of course he called us in." Barry says picking up his guitar. "Any requests?" Barry asks. "Morning of my life?" I ask. "Of course." Barry says smiling before he strums his guitar.

They played almost their entire concert set for me. "Thank you so much, that was amazing." I say. "We are so glad you enjoy our music." Robin says. "Yes we are, but sadly we will have to steal Mo for a little bit. We have to attend an event." Barry says. Maurice walked out of his room now wearing a grey turtleneck sweater with jeans and a brown leather jacket.

I stood up and walked over to him to fix the collar of his jacket. Once I fixed it I looked up at him making eye contact, I quickly stepped back and looked down as I noticed the blush spreading on my face. "You look nice." I say noticing him blushing. "Thank you." He says. "Maurice we better get going." Barry says. "Right, um I'll see you later Elisa." He says. "Bye bye." I say as they walk to the car.

I shut the door and went into the kitchen to get some food. I grabbed some bread and cheese and stood at the stove, making a grilled cheese. I started thinking about his kind eyes, the way he combed his hair and how he looked in that jacket. I quickly snapped out of it when I smelled something burning, noticing it was my sandwich I quickly pulled it off of the stove and onto my plate.

"Eh it still looks good." I mumble. I ate my sandwich at the table before cleaning my dishes and curling up on the couch to watch midnight special. I pulled a blanket over me and watched the tv.

At around 11 I heard the door open. I heard someone quietly walk in. "Elisa are you in here?" Maurice whispers. "Mhm." I say sitting up. "I'm sorry did I wake you up?" He asks. "Nope I was just watching tv." I say. He let out a relieved sigh with a smile. "How was the event?" I ask. "Good, just some managers that think they're better then everyone else. But Ringo was there!" He says excitedly.

"Ringo like Ringo Starr?" I ask. "Mhm, I'll have to introduce you to him." He says. "Really? That would be so amazing." I say.

"What are you watching?" He asks breaking the awkward silence. "Midnight special." I say pointing at the tv. "We've always wanted to be on this show." He says sitting down next to me.

We sat watching tv for a little bit until I felt my eyes growing heavy. "I'm gonna get some sleep." I say standing up. "Oh ok. Get some rest." Maurice says standing up. "Goodnight." I say. "Goodnight." He says barely over a whisper.

I walk to my room quietly shutting the door behind me. I walk over to the dresser and pull a drawer open realizing that all my things are at my house. I closed the drawer and laid back on the bed, pulling the blanket over me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in the morning and noticed that Maurice wasn't home, I called a cab to take me to my house to get my things. "Thank you." I say stepping out of the cab. They drive off and I walk up to my door and knock loudly. "What?" Mom asks. "I need to get my clothes and stuff." I say. "Ok get boxes from the basement." She says stepping aside and letting me walk in.