Chapter 7

I woke up and got ready, I changed into black bell bottoms and a purple turtle neck. I brushed my hair and put on some light makeup. "Maurice I'll be back in a few hours!" I yell as I shut the door. I got into my car and drove to the bridal store.

"Ellie!" Rebecca, my cousin says. "Hi Becca." I say giving her a hug. "Am I early?" I ask. "Um well your mom said you need to come here alone so everyone else is after your appointment." She says. "Oh." I say putting my head down. "Here they said the dress will fit you perfectly!" She said as she showed me to the dressing room. "Well lets hope, the wedding is tomorrow." I say laughing.

"Are you excited?" I ask. "Nervous, but I love him so I have nothing to be worried about." She says smiling. I walked into the dressing room and put it on. "Oh Elisa you look so beautiful." She says as I walk up on the platform. "I love it." I say smoothing out the fabric. The dress is a light pink floor length dress with butterfly sleeves and a sweetheart neckline.

"Your man is going to have a stroke." She says. "Oh, no man yet." I say laughing. "Oh I thought I saw a mans name for your plus one?" She asks. "Yes but he's a friend." I say. She nods. We put the dress back in the garment bag and I was on my way.

                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm back!" I yell as I walk inside. "How was it?" Maurice asks. "The dress fits perfectly! But I was uninvited from the bachelorette party tonight." I say with a sigh. "Well Friday nights are normally game nights with my brother if you want to join us?" Maurice asks. "I'd love to." I say.

I carry the bag to my room and hang it up to my closet. "Do you like fondue?" Maurice asks leaning against the doorframe. "Oh yeah." I say. "Ok well my brothers should be here soon and we are going to have a fondue lunch party and then we'll play games." He says. "Oh this is going to be fun." I say before following him out to the kitchen.

"So for this very fancy get together, we have cheese fondue and chocolate fondue." He says in a fancy accent. "Looks quite scrumptious." I say with a giggle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barry and Robin got here about 30 minutes later. "So on our game menu today, we have go fish, clue, rockem sockem robots and monopoly." Maurice says. "Aren't those kids games?" I ask with a laugh. "Yes, do you not like kids games?" Maurice asks. "I love those games." I say. "Ok well lets begin." Maurice says excitedly.

Robin won go fish, Maurice won clue, I beat them all in rockem sockem robots and Barry won monopoly. "Now we have fondue and a movie." Maurice says. "You guys do this every Friday?" I ask. "Yeah but this is a lot fancier than normal." Barry says. I nod and Maurice starts 'Pillow talk.'

By the time the movie was over it was 6 o'clock and we all ate dinner together and then Robin and Barry left at 9. "You ready for tomorrow?" Maurice asks as we clean all the dishes. "I think, Rebecca said we need to get there at noon, then there's a lunch, actual wedding is at 3 and the reception starts at 5." I say. "Perfect." Maurice says.

"Your dress is light pink, right?" He asks. "Mhm." I say. "Ok." He says with a smile. We cleaned the dishes, watched midnight special and then went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My alarm clock went off at 8, I quickly snoozed it about... 5 times before getting up at 9. "Good morning sleepyhead." Maurice says standing in the kitchen with a coffee mug. "Mornin." I say also making some coffee. "Sleep good?" He asks. "Yep just a little nervous." I say. "Don't be, all you have to do is walk up the aisle and stand there like a statue." He says with a laugh.