ii

~~~

~~~

Fear, anger, hate, suffering.

Whatever point Master Yoda tried to make in her initiate training didn't change the fact that she had no idea one person could harbor all four of those feelings at a catastrophic magnitude.

~~~

Evelyn Zaad was pushed to her limits by Anakin, leaving her exhausted.

Over the course of the past month, Anakin relentlessly pushed Evelyn to her limits, witnessing exponential growth in her abilities. Evelyn, in turn, thinks that she's getting a hold on everything regarding the war pretty well. Everything except one single thing.

Those grueling sparring matches.

They spar three times a day, and Evelyn's only beaten him three times. Not very good in her eyes, but Anakin tells her not to stress about it too much.

And that's why when Evelyn was woken up, covered in freezing cold water, she is not surprised at all when she sees Anakin Skywalker, bucket in hand, currently standing above her with a giant grin on his face, "What, can't handle the cold?"

Evelyn wiped the water from her face, "No, I can, it's just that it's," Evelyn looks at her clock to figure out the time before turning back towards her new master, "Four in the morning!" Evelyn responds, looking at Anakin, whose smile is so contagious that it slowly spreads onto her face.

Anakin nodded, "Good because we've been assigned," he says, spinning on his heel, "We leave in five," Evelyn's eyes go wide as Anakin exits the room. Evelyn jumps up, throwing off her night gown and using the force to grab her robes, dressing in nearly ten seconds.

She reaches into her nightstand drawer and grabs her silver lightsaber hilt before heading to the washroom to go through her morning routine.

While Evelyn's chaotically getting prepared for the mission, Anakin strolls into the bridge where his yellow speeder is. He double checks all of the compartments, making sure he has the correct amount of rations for the trip before turning around to see his new padawan drag her feet towards him.

Anakin chuckles to himself, seeing his tired new friend creeping towards him, "Stop laughing, Skywalker," Evelyn demands her master.

Anakin shook his head with a grin, "Don't want to," he says, gently teasing Evelyn, who returned his smile shyly.

"Can I take a nap on the speeder?" Evelyn asked innocently, not knowing if they were actually going to be living there for a while.

Anakin walks around to the pilot's seat, "Of course you can, I packed blankets in the back," he says, causing her to smile.