xi

Mace, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Anakin race out of their gunship, lightsabers in hand

Mace, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Anakin race out of their gunship, lightsabers in hand. They sprint up the empty Senate hall before they stop, right outside of Palpatine's office, "These are the statues I was telling you about," Anakin whispers, motioning to the Sith Idols. Mace uses the force to crush the idols before he nods at Anakin, walking into the office, Anakin right at his side.

Palpatine turns around in his chair, keeping his facade, "Master Windu," he says, eyes quickly glazing over to Anakin, "I must say, you're here sooner than expected."

Mace and Anakin glance at each other, nodding before taking their lightsabers into their hands, "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic," Mace starts as the two Jedi ignite their lightsabers, "You are under arrest, Chancellor," Kolar and Fisto glare at the Sith Lord, silent, igniting their weapons.

Sidious glares at the Jedi, "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Ignoring him, Mace shoots back, "The senate will decide your fate," he sneers.

Palpatine stands up, a frown on his face, "I am the senate," he growls.

"Not yet, Palpatine," Anakin says back, furious at his former mentor.

Palpatine brings his saber to his hand, "It's treason, then," Sidious lets out a Sith scream, disorienting Agen Kolar , but not the other three, who step back, bracing themselves for impact.

Sidious slices through Kolar's chest, killing him instantly before trying  to stab Mace's chest, but he deflects perfectly as Anakin spins around to Mace's left side, going low before Sidious deflects perfectly. The three Jedi work off of each other, still a little unfamiliar with each other's movements, but still being a formidable team.

Sidious swings sideways, causing the Jedi to move into the hallway, stepping over the crushed idols as they do so, defending Sidious's onslaught of attacks.

Fisto jumps back and forth, using his agility and speed to maneuver around Sidious' ferocious attacks before he senses a presence that shouldn't -

Fisto can't even finish his thought before he's beheaded by the Sith Lord. Palpatine spins back on his heel, taking a little bit of a breather, holding his lightsaber at the ready, sensing Evelyn's presence growing closer and closer, smiling.

Mace and Anakin push Palpatine down the hallway as they put the Sith Lord on the back pedal as they use the tight space to work off of each other, moving in harmony with every swing.

Anakin is pushed off balance before Palpatine kicks the Jedi with the force, causing Anakin to fly back into Palpatine's main office.

Palpatine fakes forward, and unfortunately for Mace, he falls for it as the Sith spins around, slicing through Mace's thigh, but before he can end the Master, Anakin uses the Force to throw Palpatine through a wall, hitting the grand window in Palpatine's office, cracking the glass a little bit.

Anakin grows worried, feeling Evelyn's presence running down the hall. He has to end this.

Here and now.

Anakin rushes Palpatine as the Sith Lord quickly deflects as the two make their way to the back end of the room near the window. Sidious misses a strike, but quickly defends Anakin's next strike, causing their sabers to collide with the glass, shattering the window instantly. Anakin does a quick flourish before catching Palpatine off guard, kicking the Sith in the chest, causing him to release his lightsaber and crawl to the ledge of the window.

Anakin points his saber at Palpatine's throat, but as soon as he looks over, he sees Evelyn walking through the doors, "What are you doing here?" Anakin asks through their bond, noticing that Mace's body is gone.

Anakin doesn't have time to enter a dialogue with her, so he just holds out his hand before turning back to Sidious, "You are under arrest," Anakin spits out.

Palpatine turns towards Evelyn, "I told you it would come to this," the Sith cries, "The Jedi are taking over!"

Anakin rolls his eyes, "Seems to me like you killed three of us and are now just a weak old man," he rebuttals, making Palpatine furious, "You've lost!"

Sidious breaks into a wicked grin, "No, no, YOU HAVE LOST!" The Sith Lord yells before shooting lightning at Anakin, who blocks it with precision as Evelyn winces at the light, "He's a traitor!" Sidious yells, trying to get Evelyn to turn.

Evelyn thinks, "He's the traitor!" Anakin yells, aiming the lightning back in the direction of Sidious as the Sith's face starts to melt. Sidious stops his attack, seeming too tired to continue his onslaught, "I'm ending this," Anakin says, leaving no time for rebuttal from his former padawan.

He raises his lightsaber to kill, "WE NEED HIM!" Evelyn yells, reaching her hand out to try and stop him, but Anakin's shot out of the window by the force.

Evelyn looks down at her hands, instantly breaking into tears, "ANAKIN!" She cries out, falling to her knees, "What have I done?"

Sidious gets up with a wicked grin, "He had to die," he says quietly, "He was holding you back."

"I loved him," Evelyn mumbles, trying to not fall, but ultimately failing to do so.

"And he didn't join us," Sidious says sinisterly, continuing his manipulation on Evelyn, "You're fufilling your destiny. Become my apprentice, learn to use the Dark Side of the force," Sidious growls.

Evelyn pants, still trying to recover, "I will do," Evelyn contemplates her next words, still unsure if she wants to do this, "Whatever you ask."

Palpatine smiles, "Good," he says, continuing his manipulation, "The Force is strong with you," Evelyn gets on her knees, pledging herself to his teachings, "Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth... Canarger."

"Thank you, my Master."