xii - operation fortress

Evelyn storms up the steps of the temple, the entire 501st trailing behind her, weapons at the ready, she lowers her hood from her head, turning towards Anakin's captain, "Rex, set up a perimeter around the temple, no one gets in or out," she comm...

Evelyn storms up the steps of the temple, the entire 501st trailing behind her, weapons at the ready, she lowers her hood from her head, turning towards Anakin's captain, "Rex, set up a perimeter around the temple, no one gets in or out," she commands before throws her hood back over her head, igniting her lightsaber, and walking inside the temple.

"Yes, sir!" The clone captain calls out, ordering his men around.

Inside the temple, a Jedi tries to gather the younglings, bringing them to safety inside the council chambers before the doors fling open. The Jedi whips his head around, igniting his blue blade, ready to lay down his life if he has to.

Evelyn lowers her hood, "It worked," she says softly. The Jedi comes out of the shadows, wrapping Evelyn in a hug, "Sorry if I pushed you too hard," she says with a tiny chuckle.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Anakin reassures her, "Are you alright?" he asks, gently taking her face in his hands, "Did he hurt you?" Evelyn shakes her head, giving Anakin some relief.

"And Master Windu?" Evelyn asks, concerned for the master of the order.

"He's alright," Anakin says, "Obi Wan got him out with ease, and he's almost healed since the slice wasn't too deep."

"Master Skywalker, why are you and Master Zaad hugging for so long?" One of the younglings, Sors Bandeam, calls out. Anakin and Evelyn instantly jump away from each other, not remembering that the younglings were in there.

Anakin turns towards the younglings, red-faced, "Uhm, I was just-"

"He was telling me some secret information," Evelyn says, covering for Anakin, who nods towards her appreciatively, "What's the next step of Operation Fortress?" She whispers with a concerned look on her face, hoping that this plan works.

Anakin smirks, remembering how he brought his plan to the Council a few days ago.

Operation Fortress:

A few days ago...

After Anakin and Kix discover the inhibitor chip infection, Anakin and Rex take a walk with the medic, "Kix, what's this idea of yours?" Anakin asks, walking to a private room with Rex following.

"Well, sir, I was thinking we could issue a chip removal for our legion to prevent any more infections," Kix says, not wanting anymore of his brothers to perish.

Anakin nods his head, "Any risks?" He asks, not wanting to do this unless its a guarantee.

"Almost none, Sir," Anakin nods, satisfied.

"Proceed with the plan," Anakin says, walking away, but not before Kix slips a small container into Anakin's hand.

Anakin shuttles back to the Jedi Temple, and heads straight for the archives, "Master Nu!" Anakin calls out, running towards the head archivist.