Chapter 39

Lina sweetly smiled at Eleanor, that was left speechless and holding her breath as someone she admired so much was standing in front of her.

'Careful, Lina. She stopped breathing. She is a huge fan of yours,' Sebastian teased after seeing how flustered the girl was.

'Stop it. Don't embarrass me.'

Eleanor punched his arm, and he laughed, then he grabbed her hand and kissed it.

'Tough love,' Sebastian said with a shrug, as his sister amused herself by looking at the two of them.

'Well, I'm very pleased and flattered. Thank you, Eleanor.'

Lina's fiancé, Ian, that had been left behind after Lina's power run, had finally caught up with her.

'Hi. I'm Ian,' he greeted Eleanor. 'Sebastian, how are you?' he asked as they hugged.

'Now, shall we go inside?' asked Lina as soon as everyone was done with their greetings.

Eleanor found herself to be even more mesmerized as they walk through the hallways. Chandeliers pended from the ceiling, old oil paintings brighten up the walls and antiques filled the place up, giving it such a historical aura.

'How about we meet at the pool? The weather is amazing. And I can sunbath a little, so that I don't look so pale in my wedding dress while you two tell me everything I'm dying to know.'

Eleanor's mind went blank. She wasn't a good swimmer. Aside from floating, she could not do much. If she moved too much, she would sink. A paralyzing fear of drowning kept her from learning how to swim. But she was too embarrassed to admit it, so she thought that as long as she stayed away from the deep part of the pool, she would be fine.

'Sure, see you in a bit,' Sebastian said as he opened the door of the room where they were going to stay.

The room had little furniture, just a bed, a sofa, a huge gold standing mirror and two nightstands. Side by side were the doors for the closet and for the bathroom.

Eleanor stopped and took a while to walk into the room, as she was thinking about the fact that the room only had one bed. They would have to sleep together. Of course they would, since they were a couple. But she hadn't thought about that. Even though they were now a couple, they hadn't been together yet. They had already slept in the same house, but they weren't even in the same room.

Her heart started to race. Many different things went through her mind as she remembered what had happened between them. She imagined Sebastian beside her, waking up and seeing his deep blue eyes as he kissed her.

She shook her head. What I'm thinking about?

'Don't worry,' Sebastian said with in a calm tone, 'I know what you are thinking about. If you feel uncomfortable, I can sleep on the couch.'

'No. I would feel bad about that. This your room and you're much taller than I am, I can sleep there, it will be much more comfortable for me than you.'

'Nonsense. Then we will both sleep on the bed. Are you okay with it?'

Eleanor looked at it him with her eyes wide open.

'Don't look so scared. I won't attack you during the night,' he said with a smile that didn't help her believe in that.

'I know' — she glanced at the bed and avoided his gaze — 'It's not that.'

She was worried about her fantasies. Not scared of being beside him. On the contrary, she feared not being.

Sebastian walked closer to her. Her heart started racing even more, and her fantasies grew louder. As leaned towards her, she finally looked at him. As he wrapped one arm around her waist, he kissed her.

'I thought you said you wouldn't attack me,' she said with an embarrassed smile.

'During the night,' he said with a grin.

'Well,' — blushed from ear to toe, she escaped Sebastian's embraced and inhaled deeply — 'let's get changed and meet them downstairs.'

They arrived at the pool and Lina and her fiancé were already swimming and acting like two teenagers, splashing water on each other. And Sebastian was right. The view was amazing. They were surrounded by nature and blue skies.

Sebastian graciously dived into the water while Eleanor sat on the edge, only putting her legs under water. She could not take her eyes off Sebastian; he was definitively a sight to behold. How does he look like that? How is that even possible?

Lina realized how much Eleanor was looking at Sebastian, and that amused her.

'You can't take your eyes off him, can you?' she teased.