Chapter 54

'Sit,' Larissa said with a serious expression that scared the man.

He did as she told him.

'I told her I wanted to be here,' he pouted, like a little child.

'That's why she already left. This is a big step for her, and she wanted to do it on her own. Don't throw a tantrum and just go to her later.'

Even though she reprimanded him, Larissa could not help but smiled afterwards. Although this was not her story, and even though it was an odd one, she felt extremely happy for Sebastian, and for Eleanor too. Seeing her childhood friend so happy and so in love warmed her heart.

Back at her apartment, Eleanor sat down on the couch with a stupid smile on her face and mix of emotions on her heart. The next day she would start at Montgomery. She was going to have her own office and her own team. Despite what she thought, her hard work had paid off. Everyone at her dad's company saw her as a capable professional. No one looked at her as if the position she had been given was just thrown into her hands because of old-fashioned nepotism.

For the first time in her life thighs had not gone according to her plans, and she allowed a distraction to come into her a life. The handsome wall. Sebastian Crain. And she didn't regret a thing.

Not all changes are bad, we don't need to be in control all the time. She said to herself. The path she had planned out was a different one, but despite the detour she took, everything seemed to be falling into place.

As soon as Sebastian was done with work, they would go on a date, and this time they were sure that the both of them were on the same page. No more doubts, no more mistrust. Eleanor was over the moon, and Sebastian was working as fast as he could.

Despite Sebastian's efforts, something came up last minute, and they had to cancel their dinner reservations. This was something that they occasionally had to deal with since they were both busy. But they always made sure to have some time for each other, no matter what.

Eleanor immediately changed their plans and took care of everything. She went grocery shopping, and she would cook them dinner. It would be a cozy night at home, and Sebastian could not be happier about the solution that she had come up with. She made sure that everything was perfect and that her apartment had the perfect ambience for their romantic night. And as soon as she heard Sebastian knock on the door, she still could not help but to feel butterflies in her stomach.

As she opened the door, she could not see Sebastian. Instead, she saw a gigantic bouquet of white lilies.

'I'm sorry I'm late. I hope you like them.'

'They are perfect.'

She took the flowers from his hands and place them on the counter.

Now that there was nothing between them, he wrapped her in his arms and took his time kissing her.

After eating dinner, they sat on the couch in each other's arms as they pretended to be watching the movie that was showing on the TV. Even though it was such a simple date night at home, they felt blessed to be able to be with each other. It didn't matter where they were or when, as long as they could be together. That was enough.

'I had a plan for my life and nowhere in that plan was space for someone else.' She looked deeply into his eyes as she said those words. Their love was there, no doubt about it.

'I didn't have space in my life, either. But I guess life just happens. And I could not be happier about it.'

'I just wished that I would've got rid of my doubts sooner.' She wrapped her arms around his neck.

'That would've been nice, I'm not going to lie,' — he chuckled — 'but I would've still had given you all the time you needed. I would've waited.'

'Are you sure that you would've waited any longer?'

'Definitively. It was worth. You were worth it. I would've waited as long as it was necessary.'

With his arms around her waist, holding her thigh against his body, they shared a deep and passionate kiss as she ran her fingers through his hair and as their bodies intertwined.

They were still overcoming their flaws. They were still growing and learning about what it means to be in a relationship, what it means to be in love, but they were doing it together.