Chapter 46

Sebastian raised his eyes from the plate and looked at his sister. He felt obligated to do some work, but he also didn't want to leave Eleanor in his sister's claws for an entire day.

'On second thought, I don't need to answer those emails today, it can be tomorrow.'

'That's more like it,' Lina said as she glanced at Larissa.

After an entire day of sightseeing and walking around like a newlywed couple on their honeymoon, Sebastian and Eleanor arrived at the villa with a small surprise, waiting for them.

Lina arranged a picnic spot at the end of the vineyard. It was on an open field with a stunning view where Eleanor and Sebastian could enjoy a light dinner alone after a long day and exhausting but delightful day.

'Why did Lina go through all the trouble to plan this?'

'She's just trying to be nice. Maybe to make up for the fact that she snatched you up yesterday.'

Eleanor laughed.

'Lina is really nice.'

'Are you happy about meting your idol? And did she meet your expectations?'

'Yes, very. She exceeded them. Thank you for bringing me.'

'You're welcome.'

Sebastian interlaced his fingers with hers and kissed her head as they passed by the rest of the group as they were around a table in the garden.

Lina, Larissa and Ian waved at the couple as they walked towards the vineyard.

Sebastian and Eleanor walked around the vineyard. He told stories about the place and the villa, and she felt like she was floating, like she was in a dream or a fairy-tale. These weeks with him didn't feel real.

As they arrived at the picnic place, they found a blanket on the floor under the shadow of an old oak tree, where a swing made of wood and rope hang. On top of the rug there were two pillows for them to sit and in the center a basket with all the goods that Lina had put together for them.

'Let's see what she put in here,' said Sebastian as they sat down.

Eleanor heavily sighed.

'What?'

'Everyone is being so nice to me. If we were still lying, I don't think that I would've been able to keep up with this. I would feel terrible.'

'Good thing we aren't,' he said as he smiled.

Eleanor smiled back, but Sebastian still could see a glimpse of doubt in her eyes. The glimpse of doubt that had been haunting him since they started dating. He thought it was enough; he needed to help her get rid of that once and for all.

'I admit. It was a terrible idea. Why did I have such a terrible idea?'

Eleanor laughed.

'Oh, so now you are admitting it was a bad idea?'

'Yes, I wish I could go back.'

Eleanor's heart stopped. What did he mean by that?

'You do?' she glanced down at the grass and plucked it with her slim fingers. 'When we talked about it yesterday you didn't seem to be concerned about it.'

'And it doesn't bother me at all. But it clearly bothers you. We had a rocky start, but it led us to where we are now, that's why it doesn't bother me. But there are a few things I would like to change.'

'Like what?'

'I should've probably asked you on a date instead of asking you to go to a wedding with me,' he said as he looked up at the tree branches with a smile.

'What?' she squeaked, letting go of the grass and looking at him.

'You heard me.' He grinned. 'If we could go back, would you say no?'

'To the wedding or the date?'

'Both.'

She looked at the sky and pondered her answer.

'I would've said yes to both.'

'Why?'

She shrugged and looked away. 'Let's eat. I'm starving.'