Chapter One

#HNA1

──────── ⋆ ⋅☽ ⋅ ⋆ ────────

"Celest," I groaned. "Can you stop na?" I'm seriously annoyed right now. She keeps on forcing me to join the dance competition next month! I don't like meeting new people. I'm fine with having her and Kuya Drake by my side at all times, as well as their friends that became my friends, too.

Celestine frowned. "Please, Addie?" She asked. "Don't waste your talent in dancing! You'll do good; trust me!"

I sighed and started putting back my things inside my bag. It is currently our section's break time which is why she's here bothering me again. Where's Zoey, anyway? She's the only girl in our friend group except for Celestine and me. "I said no, Celest," I stated.

"Arte," she whispered but I heard her so she immediately forced a small smile. I rolled my eyes before I started walking towards the door of our classroom. "Addie!"

Gosh, can she stop being so annoying?

I stopped walking when she pulled my wrist. "I said I don't want to!" I exclaimed out of frustration. "Which part of that was so hard to understand?"

I saw how her lips parted in shock. Out of all people, she should already know how maldita I can get when people start forcing me to do something that I clearly don't want to do. I know what I want in life even at this young age. I don't want other people to decide for me.

I'm in control of my own life.

She sighed. "Okay, I'm sorry," she said.

"Okay," I responded before walking away from her.

I just stayed inside the library for the whole break time period. I read a book and slept. It's not that I hate people and I'm an antisocial kid. It's just that, I'm tired of meeting new people and making friends with them if, in the end, they'd just label me as a hostile kid that has a high standard for friends.

An hour and a half passed which means that our break time is already done. I started walking towards our classroom when I was stopped by Asher—one of Kuya Drake's friends. He wrapped his right arm around my shoulder while pulling the string of my bag.

"I'll carry this for you, princess," he said. I pulled my bag back which made his brows furrow. "Ako na nga magbubuhat, e."

"I can carry my bag," I refused. "What do you need?" Asher won't just appear out of nowhere if he doesn't need anything from me or at least that was what I thought. Asher laughed because of my question. I gave him a death glare when he couldn't stop himself from laughing and people in the hallway kept on staring at us.

I won't be surprised if a group of girls suddenly pulls my hair for being with their crushes.

Asher shrugged. "Celestine asked me for help," he said.

Is this about the dance competition again?

"If this is about the dance competition then my answer remains the same," I declared before removing his arm on my shoulder and walking fast as I could to avoid him.

"Audrey!" He shouted but I only continued walking away from him—never looking back.

When the class ended, Sofia, the dance troupe leader, approached me. I gave her a confused look but she smiled widely at me—it was weird, really. She handed me a piece of paper with her number on it. I took it out of respect. I don't want to make her look stupid in front of these people walking along the hallway. "What is this for?" I asked.

Sofia smiled. "I'd like to dance with you at this coming competition," she answered. I was about to say something but she cut me off. "You still have a week to decide. The auditions are scheduled next week, Thursday," she added.