Chapter Eighteen

#HNA18

──────── ⋆ ⋅☽ ⋅ ⋆ ────────

"How's school?" Papa asked while cutting the bacon on his plate into smaller pieces.

Ngayon na lang ulit kami nagsabay-sabay sa hapag. He was always busy with his work. After the breakfast that we had last time before our college year starts, hindi na ulit kami nagkaka-abutan sa bahay.

Sometimes we do but we both treat each other like ghosts.

Drake drank water before pouring some into Celestine's glass. "So far so good," he simply said, then poured me a drink.

"Ikaw, Celestine? Kamusta ang UST?" He asked while glancing at Celestine from time to time, probably waiting for her response.

"Ayos lang naman po, Tito. . ." She cleared her throat. "Actually, Tito, nabanggit na po ba ni Addie na she got accepted sa dance troupe ng Ateneo?" She asked which made my eyes widen in shock.

Why did she even have to bring it up?

She knows damn well the kind of relationship that I have with my father.

"Hmm. . . Hindi pa niya nababanggit," sagot ni Papa, who was still chewing his food. He looks uninterested in the topic so I tried to give Celestine, who was seating in front of me, a look that serves as a sign for her not to continue spilling the news to my father.

But Celestine shook her head slightly and said, "She's such a good dancer, Tito! Hindi na nga po siya pinagsecond-tryout, e. She was accepted right away! Tapos consistent pa rin naman po ang grades niya kahit na busy din siya sa training," she boasted like a proud mother.

"Is that true, Audrey?" Papa asked, now looking at me. "Alam din ba 'yan ng mama mo?"

I gave him a small smile and nodded. "Yes, Pa."

"Ilan ba ang nag tryouts?" He asked before sipping the hot coffee that I prepared. "Baka naman dalawa lang silang nag tryouts, ah?" He let out a small chuckle that made my heart sink.

"Pa," Drake groaned. My brother looked disappointed with our father's reaction. Pero hindi naman na siya new thing for me. Sanay na ako. "If only you spared some time before watching her competitions then you'll be very disappointed with your own reaction. Quinn is the best dancer and the most passionate person that I know."

"Kuya. . ." I held his hand which was gripping the fork tightly to calm him down. "It's okay. . ."

But his eyes were filled with disappointment, pain, and dismay.

"To answer your question, there were more than 100 people who joined the tryouts and your daughter was one of the 10 newly chosen members," he firmly said but respect was still evident in his voice. Drake grabbed the table napkin placed on the table near him before standing up. "Thank you for the breakfast but I'm already late for class."

"T-tara na?" Celestine asked him and my brother just nodded. Celestine was left with no choice but to ask Nanay Marie to pack her leftover sandwich so that she could still eat it on the way. "Uh, una na ho kami, Tito," she respectfully said before reaching for my father's hand para mag-mano.

Celestine went to my side before following Drake outside the house which made me confused. "Why?"

"Wala si Mang Kulas, e. . . May inutos 'yung papa mo kaya dapat si Tito ang maghahatid sa 'yo. . ." She whispered through my ears. "Okay lang ba sa 'yo 'yun? O gusto mo tawagan ko si Kazuo para daanan ka?"

Sinusubukan ba ako ni Earth ngayon?

I shook my head. "I'll be fine, Celest!" I assured her by giving a small chuckle, para hindi marinig ni Papa. "Umalis na kayo ni Kuya. My first class will start at 9 pa naman," I added.