Chapter Two

#HNA2

──────── ⋆ ⋅☽ ⋅ ⋆ ────────

It has been a year since the first time that I stepped foot inside the dance room in our university and ever since that day, they considered me as a new member of the dance troupe—just like what everyone wanted. Sofia was one of the judges that day and I'm pretty sure that it was her who wrote my name in the top 3 recruit member lists that will be the new member of their family. I did well—it wasn't my best but I know I did well in the auditions so I indeed deserve the spot.

[Sige na, Addie... Please?]

I drank from my water jug before responding to her, "Celest, I have training right now and I can't come... I'm sorry." She's inviting me to watch her band's gig tonight at the diner near Sofia's place. That means there is no way I could ditch this training. She'd probably see me sneaking out or worse, her annoying brother might snitch on me.

I heard he was staying here again for three months since it was their school break back in the Philippines. Sucks to be friends with his sister, really. He's just too talkative for me.

[Kuya Drake and the rest of our friends will be there to watch...]

Celestine sounded hurt so I drew a deep breath before finding myself walking towards Sofia who was busy teaching some of our dance mates the crucial moves for this set. Sofia looked so stressed but dancing is also something that makes her feel relaxed—the reason why she still looks happy even with a hint of tiredness and stress written all over her face.

When I was only a few steps away from Sofia, someone grabbed my wrist which made me lose my grip on my phone. My eyes widened as I watched my phone slowly fall down from my hand. It was a new gift from my parents! "Shit!" I exclaimed but the one who grabbed my wrist immediately caught my phone before it landed straight on the floor. "Gosh..." I murmured and sighed in relief.

"Watch out," the one who grabbed my wrist while I was holding my phone, whispered.

I snatched my phone back and said, "It was your fault!" I checked if my phone got any scratches but luckily, there were none. I, then, placed it back to my ear to apologize to Celestine about leaving her—unintentionally—on call without me responding to her. "Celest? I'm sorry... I, uh, accidentally dropped my phone..." I lied.

I don't want her to go nuts and ask me countless questions again.

[Weh? Who was that? I heard someone talking and was it a boy? Are you seeing someone right now, Audrey Medina?]

"What—No! No! Gosh, Celest," I frustratedly said. "Seriously? Me? Seeing someone? Over my dead body."

[Really? Edi, who was that boy, huh?]

"No one," I answered confidently while glaring at Sofia's annoying brother who is standing in front of me with a smirk on his face. "Just some annoying stalker again," I added and Sofia's brother's lips parted in shock.

"Wow," the guy in front of me uttered under his breath. "The audacity."

I rolled my eyes. "I got to go, Celest. Good luck with your gig! Bye for now," I bid goodbye before hanging up the call.

[But! Addie! No—]

After I ended the call, Sofia's brother started shaking his head like he was disappointed with me. I rolled my eyes once again and threatened to walk past him but he grabbed my wrist for the second time tonight. "Where do you think you're going, Ms. Medina?" He asked.

"I need to talk to your sister," I responded, uninterested in having a conversation with him.

He shook his head and pulled me closer to him. "It's not a good time for you to ask her if you can go home early tonight," he blurted. I furrowed my brows in confusion. Was he eavesdropping earlier? Does he even know that eavesdropping is bad and rude? "It's written all over your face," he said while laughing and pointing at my face, probably reading my mind.