Safe Place. Silver x Autistic!reader

Reader Effects: Autistic

AU?: School

Others: PureHeartOfGold G1N3VR4_S 

Requester: Kalosian_Wonder 

Helped by: Legendary_Etta_7 

~~~

Silver paused as he eyed a particular scene. Normally he wouldn't get interested in anything around school, but this caught his eye. A group of people were targeting a student about something. He had heard of them from some rumors that everyone had spread. In all honesty, he didn't see them as a bad person. He had to work with them, only thanks to the teacher saying no one could work alone on the project, and he found slight comfort with them since they were able to help him out and was even brave enough to present their project to the class while he got nervous about even getting in front of everyone. They let him stay at his seat and present while they stole the spotlight. Ever since, he felt safer when working on projects with them, but many others couldn't get the same response since they didn't work with him like that special student did.

Their name was (Y/N) and he had a crush on them.

So seeing those students pick on them made him angry. But his shyness said it all. He paced off to the side for a minute before finally getting the courage and going over to the crowd. He spotted his... "friend" Gold as he tried to figure out what the hell was going on (At least he wasn't supporting it). Gold actually got their attention off of (Y/N) to give Silver enough time to get through the crowd and to the poor student's side. That's when they caught him as he helped them out of the area.

"Hey we're not-"

"Leave it."

The crowd got quiet as Gold got to his side and put a calm hand on his shoulder. He didn't leave Silver's side until they were a safe distance from the crowd and had gotten (Y/N) comfortable. Gold went to get something while Silver brought (Y/N) into a hug. They trembled for a moment before sniffling.

"Silver...?"

"Shh......." They held for another minute as Gold came back with a glass of water and a blanket. Silver silently thanked him before Gold went over to his friend group. With the silence and freedom from everyone else, (Y/N) was able to finish calming down after he wrapped them in the blanket and gave them the water. They smiled at him.

"Thank you..."

"No problem..." He gulped down his nervousness and smiled at them. "You've helped me enough." They smiled before looking at the ground.

"I wish they wouldn't pick on me.... just because I'm autistic doesn't mean anything..." He paused before pressing their forehead with his.

"You know what... I think that makes you very special." They paused before they smiled and hugged him, gaining a red face before he hugged back.

"That's the sweetest thing someone has said to me..." He smiled before pulling away.

"(Y/N)..." They paused as he pushed his nervousness. "I've been meaning to tell you this.... but... I like you." Their face went a little red as he continued. "E-ever since t-the presentation we did together... I saw something more than I see in others... So-"

"Yes." He looked up as they smiled. "I like you too. After seeing you get nervous about partnering with someone, I couldn't leave you to suffer with someone you would have struggle with. So that's why I asked to work with you. Also... you're cute when you're nervous." His face heated up as they hugged him.

"T-then... will you be my-"

"Yes!" He smiled before hugging back. That's when the bell rang, causing the two to groan and grab their stuff.

~~~

I hope that was good. Enjoy and please request more in the first chapter.