Sunday Barbecue

ATHENA'S POV   (TWO WEEKS LATER)

I spent the last two weeks either at the store, Racing, at the gym, Or at the garage. I also went to the doctor. They say that if I keep up with the rate I'm going at, I could be cancer free within a year. I plan on telling everybody at the barbecue coming up.

Right now I was at the Garage with everybody. I saw wearing an Adidas crop top, bluesman shorts, and converse.

I was working on my car When I heard a trailer back up and saw Brain

I was working on my car When I heard a trailer back up and saw Brain. Something about him is off but I just always shrug it off.

“Hey hazard boy”I yelled from underneath the car.. He waved and Dom asked

“Alright. What the hell did you bring here?” Brain points at an old looking car and says

“This is your car”

“My car? I asked for a 10 second car not a 10 minute car ” DOm asked In disbelief.

“You can push it across the finish line. Or tow it.” Jesse said while hitting the side of it.  A few chuckled.

“You can't even tow it across the finish line.” I rolled out from underneath my car when Dom asked ”What do you think Tiny?”

“If you're talking about that Skyline that belongs in a junkyard then...It wont even make it the starting line.” I said bluntly, causing a few including brian to chuckle.

“Hey at least she honest.” He said in between chuckles.

“Nah she's just blunt” Leon said. I glared and he put his hands up. I smirked. 

“You have no faith” Brian said to me and Dom

“Nah we got faith in you but this isn't a junkyard, its a garage.” I said motioning around us now standing by Dom.

“POp the hood” He said

“Pop the hood?”Dom asked

“Pop the hood” He repeated 

Jesses pops the hood and me and Dom look in with Jesse.

“You have a 2JZ engine here. No shit” Jesse said. I nodded impressed. “If you put 15 grand in it, we'll be able to use this car in races. Even overnight parts from Japan.”

“Whatd i tell you” Blondie said proudly

“We retract our previous statement.” I said and Dom nodded in agreement. 

“You can put it on the tab at harrys.” Dom said which caused Jesse to get excited. 

“I need to get you racing again so I can make some money off your ass. If you aren't working at harrys your working here.” Dom finalized. And i added

“If you can't find the parts in here, Mr.Arizona, you don't belong in a car.” And with that Me and Dom walked off as i heard Mia say

“HIm and Tiny own you now” I chuckled and went on with fixing my car when I heard Letty and Brian.

“What do you mean Tiny and Dom own me? I thought it was only Dom.” Letty chuckled.

“Nah. Yuh see Dom might be the leader but nothing goes by without Tiny’s Approval and plus she's the glue of this place.  If I had to say she has the most respect out of all of us here.”

“Oh and where'd that nickname come from Tiny?” I rolled out from underneath and spoke before Letty could

“Because not only am I the youngest. I'm the shortest. I'm quick on my feet and can squeeze through anything. Tiny but Mighty.” Then I rolled back underneath my Car. 

After a while I headed home. I cleaned up a little but wore the same clothes. As I help set the table for the barbecue. 

“Mia the Chicken is dry” Dom yelled

“Ok, ok i'm coming out already.” She walks out with 3 bowls in her arms. I go over to help and grab bowls. And she thanks me.

I hear cars' engines and know it's the rest of 'em. Vince sees Brain and causes him to get angry and and say 

“Im out”

“Come on man” Leon try to get him to stay

“Vince get over here and give us a hand” I yell

“Looks like you got all the help you need sista” He shouts back and drives off.

Everyone sat down when Jesses greedy tail reached in and DOm said

“Hey hold up” Everyone looks

“Becasue your were the first to reach to get chicken JJ you gotta say grace.” I told him.   Everyone smirked

“Dear Heavenly…. Uh..”

“Spirit” Leon helped him out 

“Spirit. Thank you” Jesse continued “Uh, thank you for providing us wit direct-port nitrous...uh ingestion, four-core intercoolers, and bell-beqaring turbos, and….um…..titanium valve springs. Thank you.”

“Amen” Everyone said

“He was prayin to the car god's man, '' Letty said. 

After a few minutes Vince comes back. I clear my throat grabbing everyone attention

“I have an announcement. ” 

“Oooh this will be good” Mia says

“Tell us ” Jesse says excited

“The doctor says that if i keep going at this rate i could be cancer free in less than a year”

I received whoops and hell's yeahs and everyone cheered when Briana asked.

“You have cancer?”

“Yep stage 1 leukemia” he nodded and we continued to eat. After we ate I was so tired so I went to lay down and go to sleep. I showered. Braided my hair, and put on a crop top, with sleep shorts and let the darkness consume me.