Vol. 20: Nightmare Before Christmas

//TW: General Halloween creepiness, kidnapping, slight body horror, body parts falling apart/coming off, poisoning, possessiveness/ownership over another person, restraints, Oogie Boogie//
Word Count: 17,487

~Once Upon A Time~

Longer now than it seems, in a place you might have seen in your dreams. The story that you are about to be told took place in the holiday worlds of old!

Now, you've probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven't... I'd say it's time you begun.

This story begins in Halloween Town, as the night of Halloween came to a close. All the citizens, the monsters, ghouls, and freaks, returned to the shadows and came back home to celebrate another successful night of fear. As they slipped back into their world, their celebration began.

"~Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange?~"

"~Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween~"

"~This is Halloween, this is Halloween, pumpkins scream in the dead of night! This is Halloween, everybody make a scene! Trick or Treat- til the neighbors gonna die of fright!~"

"~It's our town, everybody scream! In this town of Halloween~"

As the song progressed, more and more townsfolk returned, still relishing in the terror they had caused.

"~I am the one hiding under your bed! Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red~"

"~I am the one hiding under your stairs! Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair~"

"~This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween~"

"~In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the Pumpkin Song~"

"~In this town, don't we love it now? Everybody's waiting for the next surprise!~"

"~Round that corner, man hiding in the trash can, something's waiting now to pounce, and how you'll scream! This is Halloween! Red and black and slimy green! Aren't you scared?~"

"~Well that's just fine! Say it once, say it twice, take a chance and roll the dice, ride with the moon in the dead of night!~"

"~Everybody scream, everybody scream! In our town of Halloween!~"

"~I am the clown with the tear away face! Here in a flash and gone without a trace! I am the 'who' when you call 'who's there?'. I am the wind blowing through your hair! I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright!~"

"~This is Halloween, this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!~"

The townsfolk were rapidly filling the square, excited for their special guest to arrive.

"~Tender lumplings everywhere! Life's no fun without a good scare! That's our job, but we're not mean, in our town of Halloween. In this town, don't we love it now, everyone's waiting for the next surprise!~"

Another member entered the squaring, carting behind him the sign outside their town, a scarecrow with a pumpkin head strapped to it. Instead of confusion, the citizens became more restless and excited, surging towards the sign.

"~Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back and scream like a banshee and make you jump out of your skin! This is Halloween, everybody scream! Won't you please make way for a very special guy?~"

As it passed one of the townsfolk, the scarecrow twitched. It suddenly swooped down, snatching the torch they were holding and raising it above its head. The crowd cheered.