Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"I don't need many maids to tend us."

Natahimik naman ang lahat. So, 'yon pala ang ibig niyang sabihin. Akala nila ay galit ito.

Iris smiled at the other maids who bowed before leaving them alone to continue their works. Loki watched them leave, too scared to look at his mother.

Nang mawala sila sa paningin niya, he silently sat straight. He's happy that his mother visited him, after all, this is the first time he has someone who he can call mother dahil wala siyang gano'n sa una niyang buhay. But he admit it, he's scared of the same woman who gave birth to him.

Dahil sa sobrang tahimik, he cleared his throat.

Kaya niya 'to. No need to be nervous. Just be cute to avoid despair and bloodshed.

He raised his gaze, gulping a bit when he saw the piercing yet cold purple jewel-like eyes looking at him. "P-pwede na po bang k-kumain?" He eyed the sweets at the table as he fiddles his fingers nervously.

Sigyn stared at her youngest son before pushing the plate towards him. Napatingin naman sa kaniya si Loki, nagtataka. Hindi ba siya kakain?

Fred noticed it. Lumapit siya kay Iris bago binigay ang dalawang maliliit na treasure box sa kaniya. "It's coffee beans and tea. Please brew it to be served." May patago pa siyang binigay kay Iris na nagulat sa nakita. "Serve this too."

Iris immediately did her deeds.

After brewing the tea and coffee, she served the tea to Loki who's currently munching a macaron, and the coffee to Sigyn who's only staring at him, chin on her palm as a daze expression was written all over her face.

Loki smiled at Iris, quietly thanking her. Napatitig siya sa tea cup na may lamang tsaa. Hindi pa siya nakatitikim ng tsaa dahil madalas juice o gatas ang iniinom niya. This will be the first time.

Iris bowed after serving a cup of another dessert to them, the cold snack that Fred gave to her earlier. "Please enjoy your snacks." She respectfully stand a bit far away from the mother and son duo.

Loki put down his tea cup after niyang humigop sa tsaa niya.

It was good! From the fragrance to the taste, A+!

Nang mapunta ang tingin sa bagong lagay na dessert, his eyes widened in familiarity. It's an ice cream! Cookies and cream pa ang flavor, his favorite! May ice cream pala sa ganitong mundo?

His gaze averted to his mother whose purple jewel-like eyes flickered down to stare at the cold snack. Her eyes, then, flickered up, staring at him. "Go." She gave him permission.

He beamed at her, slightly embarrassed because she only looked at him with a blank stare kaya tinuon niya ang atensyon sa paglantakan sa ice cream. Akala niya ay hindi na siya makakatikim ng ganito rito dahil pang-sinaunang panahon sa ibang bansa sa Earth ang pagkain nila, yung pang-Victorian era.