Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Mama deserves better!"

Loki puffed his cheeks after he finished his glass of milk. He gave it to Iris with his own two hands which Iris gladly accepted. He soon laid down on his back, ready to sleep.

"Her Imperial Majesty indeed deserves better." Iris agreed.

"Like, how can they be so mean to mama when she literally saved the empire from that..." Loki blinked, finding the right words to say. "That buffoon!" He huffed.

Hanggang ngayon ay naiinis pa rin siya sa mga nalaman. His mother was never a tyrant but she's entitled as one, not just in the novel, but also in this life of his, because of false and fabricated information.

He's been ranting about it ever since his class with Eunice finished. Nakikinig naman sa kaniya si Iris, sometimes answering him and voicing her opinions.

"Well, Your Highness... Her Imperial Majesty took the crown with a war. Talagang mangangamba ang tao dahil do'n. They'll think that the only thing Her Majesty can bring to the empire is war. Aside from that, hindi nila alam ang totoong nangyari. Even though they'll revise the books or announce it to the empire, as if namang maniniwala ang mga citizens. The word tyrant and war is literally tied to Her Imperial Majesty's name." Iris explained.

"But what about mama?" He pouted. "She's being criticized when she's just doing her best for our empire..." Naalala niya kung gaano ka-seryoso ang ina pagdating sa trabaho.

"That wasn't exactly the whole reason why she's being criticized and hated, Your Highness." That got Loki's attention. He looked at Iris who's closing the windows sa bintana dahil gabi na. "Kumbaga, it's just a cover to voice out their disagreement to Her Majesty being the ruler. Hindi ang mga iyon ang dahilan kung bakit gano'n na lang sila ka-tutol sa pag-upo niya sa kaniyang pwesto."

"Then... Why?" Loki's gaze was met by Iris' sad ones.

"It's because she's a woman, my prince." She softly answered.

"The reason why everyone sees her bad side than her good side is because she's a woman leader." Her gaze flickered down on her ankle boots. "Aileth Empire is an empire ruled by men for many generations. A sudden changed cause shock to everyone. In this place, women can never rule. They will never accept women to lead."

"But women are better in leading than men." Loki's hushed voice said.

He's right though. Ayon sa mga eksperto sa dati niyang mundo, women are indeed better leader than men.

Iris looked at him in shock because of what he said. A small smile then spread on her lips. "This world is a place dominated by men. It's like this place revolves around men. Everything is about and is for them." She softly explained.

Loki can't helped but to grab his blanket tightly that's draped over his small body. He never thought that even in this world, misogyny is strong.