17- Betrayal

JISOO

"You do? Who is it?"

"Not now. You're still carrying out investigations right?"

"Yes, I am" She assured me.

"Good. Keep it up. We have another mission coming up" I said and glanced at Jennie.

Her earpods were in her ears but I knew they weren't even connected to her phone. She's been listening to us all along. I'm no fool.

I threw her keys at her and caught them swiftly.

Soon after that, I felt arms snaking around my neck and a chin was rested on my shoulder.

"Morninggggg" She said lazily and I held her hand.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Mm hm. I heard you're going on a mission?"

"Yes"

"I forget to tell you. Jang Suk is being interrogated for Houston's murder. Scotland is thinking about suing him" Lisa handed me her laptop.

"That's exactly what we need" I looked through the documents Lisa had sorted out and Chae young peered over my shoulder.

"Wait, isn't that the man who flirted with me at the party?"

"Yes. I killed him that night when I went in his car" I told her but she remained silent.

I also planted Jang Suk's fingerprints on his body and car seats, that's why he's a suspect.

This is just the starting point to my plan.

"Why?"

"You'll find out soon, don't worry" I held her hand and she nodded.

7:00PM
ROSÉ'S OLD APARTMENT
LISA

"Even the door is broken" I touched the broken piece of wood with my gloved hand while scanning the place with my electromagnetic radar. I still have some of my gadgets intact.

Jisoo just walked around and searched the place.

"Over there" I called out and pointed.

We went together to the spot and Jisoo pulled the creaky wooden stairs apart. A wristwatch was in there.

"Wooh, this, has to be by the best designer" I announced when I picked it up and Jisoo looked at it.

"It hints they were paid before doing the job. And I think someone rich hired them" I told her what was on my mind and she looked thoughtful. Very thoughtful.

"Ji--" She suddenly bolted up the stairs and I followed her. "Jisoo" I called but she ignored me and started kicking and throwing things around.

"What are you doing?" I asked but she pryed the floor board off. There was something caught in between them.

I looked in surprise as she pulled a smartphone out and checked if it was still working.

"It still works. Come on let's get out of here" She got up and patted my shoulder and I hurried after her.

...

JISOO

"How did you know a phone was there?"

Lisa and I were in the usual cafe.

"The night when I kidnapped Rosé, I shot all the amateur assassins alright but I heard something like a ringtone upstairs in her room. But I couldn't go back because I had to get Rosé out of there" I explained to her as I hacked into the phone using her laptop.