24- String Of Betrayal

I'm having a hard time naming chapters.

SEULGI

I just finished my run and I was returning when I noticed that Lisa's car wasn't there. Neither is Jisoo's bike.

Is something wrong?

I pulled down my headphones and checked my phone for missed calls but I got none.

Maybe I'm just overthinking.
I

But my instincts stirred me a different way. I approached the house quietly and went in through the back.

"Hey Seulgi. How was your run?" Yeri asked me, holding a glass of water.

"There was nothing fun about it. Where are the others?" I asked her.

"I don't really know, Lisa went out with Irene in a hurry and Jisoo and Rosé aren't back yet. Didn't they give you a call?" She asked me and I felt oddly suspicious. Of what, I'm not sure yet.

"No they didn't. Didn't they tell you anything?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"No they didn't Seulgi," She breathed. "If they did I would have told you. Aren't we partners?" She crossed her arms.

Why weren't you given the details of their hastened departure then?

"I guess. I'll be in the showers" I walked past her, declining the glass of water she gave me.

Why aren't they back yet?

...

JENNIE

I exited the coffee shop and walked to my car. I was alone today, thankfully. Father honoured my request and is paying more attention to Taehyung. I just hope this can all end soon so he can recover from his trauma. He's so fragile right now.

I dug into my purse but I couldn't find my car keys.

"Where could they be?" I wondered, searching my purse furiously.

"Right here with me" A voice husked in my ear and I went chill.

"Lisa?" I turned around but she stepped forward and trapped me against my car.

"Why are you doing this Jennie? I still can't believe you're doing all this.. you're becoming something else"

"You don't know me Lisa" I pushed her back. "The Jennie I met a month ago at this coffee shop wouldn't buy a missile car, or try to obliterate human beings with it," She said softly and I clenched my jaw.

"So what? They are assassins Lisa. Jisoo is the most dangerous woman in South Korea and you know it. It won't matter if she died. She's a criminal"

I could see the way she shut her eyes after my last sentence. Like she was deeply affected by it.

"Jisoo is not a criminal. She's a human being and probably one of the most kindest people out there with a pure heart. You don't know her Jennie--"

"Neither do you! You only met her last month"

"It doesn't matter.. During that time I-- wait.." She shook her head. "How do you know I met Jisoo a month ago?" She asked and I cleared my throat.

"It doesn't matter Lisa. Let's just say, I have my ways" I crossed my arms.

She just looked down at her feet and said nothing about it.