26- Hold On

JENNIE

The golf club slipped out of my hands in sheer horror as I realised what happened.

I didn't mean to hit her.... not like that!

"Jisoo?"

Rosé supported her frame as she leaned back and they dropped to the ground.

"Jisoo? J-jisoo?" Rosé shook her shoulder but she didn't move a muscle as she lay on the floor. "Hey, get up, you're Kim Jisoo..." She slowly started crying and hugged the lifeless form on the floor.

"Jisoo, wake up, we have to leave, hey" Lisa hurried over to them and I stepped back in fear.

I killed Jisoo...

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat and looked back at Hyunsuk and Sae Hyun.

Irene approached the other three, with her guns still pointed at the two men.

"She's not moving" Lisa glanced up at her and I gave Hyunsuk a signal.

"Please get up Jisoo... I really need you, okay?" Rosé cupped her cheeks and hugged her intimately.

"Is she dead?" I managed to ask and Lisa gave me a deadly stare that made my heart skip a beat.

I've never seen Lisa do as much as frown, but now she looks really mad.

But beneath that angry visage, I could see something else, disappointment, and care.

I looked away amidst Rosé's sobs as she planted kisses on Jisoo's face and I felt awful.

"Catch," Hyunsuk threw a gun at me and I caught it.

Irene was quick to point her gun but I pointed mine at Rosé's head. "Don't even dare" I warned her and the two men pointed their guns at them.

I reached down and yanked Rosé up, leaving Jisoo's body in Irene's care.

Lisa just stared at me.

I ignored her and pulled Rosé to myself.

She didn't even put up a fight. She was just looking at Jisoo's body blankly.

It's as if she's gone into shock.

"Don't follow me or I'll kill her," I warned them as I pointed the gun at Rosé's head.

I'm lying. There's no way I'd ever hurt her; she's my life.

Irene and Lisa looked like they'd give anything in the world to be let at me but I didn't really care as I made my exit with Rosé.

"Come on," I looked behind me and opened the door for her. She quietly went in and I quickly went to the other side and got in.

I started driving but she was still quiet.

"Chaeng? Say something please" I placed my hand on hers but she slowly moved it away.

"You finally killed her" She said blankly, staring at nothing in particular.

"I didn't mean to Chaeng, but now... you're finally free Chaeng. I'll take you somewhere safe where we can be happy. You'll finally be free and.... with me"