UNEXPECTED THINGS

"why are you applying mascara and lip gloss this evening?...are you seeing someone Zoey?" My nosey roommates asked.

"It's not someone important" I simply replied.
It's not like i didn't apply my makeup sometimes... don't know why they were making it look like it was the first time lol.

I took my literature note and put it in my bag and stepped out of the dormitory to meet Holland. I hope he wouldn't waste my time cause he said he needed to complete just one topic. He could do that in less than 15 minutes.

I entered our class and met him sitting alone.... without his note,no pen. Was i a joke to this kid?

"Hey" he smiled in my direction as i walked closer. Wondered why he was smiling cause I'd just leave if he didn't have anything important to say.

"You said you wanted to copy notes from mine this evening? Where is your note?"

"I forgot to bring it out and the hostel Porter has locked the hostel for everyone to go out for prep.

"So i can leave now right?" I asked him.

"Uhmm...not yet." He said moving closer to me. Then he grabbed my hands. I just withdrew my hands from his. I think i knew what he was up to.

"Holland,is this what you called me for?"

"I like you Zoey..."

"How?" I was more than shocked. This guy had so many girls on his neck. I had many guys on my neck too... We'd never work out.besides this was so sudden.

"Don't you like me too? (He asked looking surprised. I just didn't know what to say to him. I just stood there looking at this guy who was freaking me out like right now. He liked me? How? When did his feelings grow for me?... Few days ago he kept acting like i didn't even exist. So what was he saying? The questions i needed to ask were no longer important cause this was the answer to it all. This was what he'd been planning and Corey didn't want to let it out directly.He actually tricked me into coming here to hear him say this... I'm sure he thought i was like the other girls he'd dated)........Zoey??" He looked deeply into my eyes this time.

"I don't like you... I'm sorry, I think i should leave now" I turned around to leave then he held me back and tried to force a kiss on me. I struggled to let myself out of that and walked away.

*********

Hurt? I didn't know what to feel right now. Why would he try to do that to me?.
Should i blame myself for trying to meet him and help him with my note.

What if he wanted to have his way with me?

All these thoughts were in my head. I couldn't tell anyone. Or maybe they thought it was just me trying to be left alone as usual.

I was disappointed. Maybe I had something for Holland but i wasn't ready to admit and then he'd proven to be worse than i thought.

I should just be on my own.

High school was a crazy place on it's own. I wanted to be out of the drama that comes with it.