Chapter 103: Prom Night

I was upstairs in my room, finishing up the last touches of my make up. I applied a small amount of perfume on my neck and smiled at myself in the mirror.

My hair was curled and pinned up with multiple bobby pins and my make up was light pink eye shadow, little bit of mascara and eyeliner.

It was offically here and I couldn't be more excited. It was finally prom night!

"Ava, Carter's here!" My dad called up the steps.

I let out a breath and walked down the steps, very carefully. Carter met me at the very last step and took my hand in his, smiling at me.

''You look incredible! Fantastic!" Carter gushed, sliding the white and pink flower crosage on my wrist.

''Thank you. I say you look very handsome tonight.'' I smiled, pinning the pink boutonniere on his tuxedo.

''Pictures!'' My dad hollered, taking quick snaps with his camera.

''Daaad!" I whined, laughing and hiding my red face.

''You two look amazing.'' My mom smiled, taking a picture of us. ''I want you two to have a safe and awesome time at prom.''

''No later than midnight.''

''Thanks, Mom and okay, Dad.''

My mom took several more pictures of us and then let us get out to our limo. Carter and I got in the back and I smiled, leaning into his side and rested my chin on his shoulder.

''You do look really beautiful tonight.''

''Thank you.'' I blushed.

We arrived to the hotel where prom was being held and got out, entering the building. There were already a bunch of people there dancing and having their pictures taken by a professional.

''Ava! Carter!" Ebony scurried over to us with Elijah on her arm. ''You look so pretty!''

''So do you! You look gorgeous!"

''What about us? We don't look dapper?" Elijah faked hurt.

''Elijah, almost every guy here is wearing the same outfit. I'm surprised you didn't flip and want to change.'' Ebony teased.

''Well I guess I'll look pretty stupid slow dancing with myself.''

''Ah! Don't worry, bro! I'll dance with you!" Carter laughed, latching on to his best friend.

''BROMANCE!"

The four of us hung out the entire night, danced a little and got something to eat later on. They crowned the king and queen of prom and then we went back to dancing some more.

"I have a surprise.'' Carter whispered in my ear as we slow danced.

''What kind?"

''I got us a room key. A couple of other people I know got them too.''

''Even those two?" I pointed towards Elijah and Ebony.

''Yeah.''

''Uh, sure.''

''Let's go up now, not like anyone's going to notice.'' He smirked.

''Okay.'' I smiled and Carter pulled me over to the elevator. We got in and rode up to the room, walking in and laid on the bed.

''You sure about this?''

''Sort of. I just don't want a repeat of another pregnancy scare.''

''I am way ahead of you.'' Carter laughed, pulling out a condom from his pocket.

****************************

Carter and I laid in bed for five minutes, our breathing was finally coming back to normal.

''That was great.'' I smiled, kissing his cheek.

''I agree.'' He chuckled.

We got up and put our clothes back on, fixing our dishevled hair. I slipped on my heels and we walked out of the hotel, getting our limo again.

''I had a really wonderful time tonight.'' I smiled.

''I did too. I'll see you Monday at school?"

''Yes.'' Carter smiled, leaning in and kissing me. ''I love you, Ava.''

''I love you too, Carter.'' I said, hugging him. We separated from each other and I walked into the house, taking off my heels.

''Hi, Ava. Did you and Carter have a nice time?" My mom asked.

"Yes. We had a very nice time and I enjoyed every minute.'' I smiled.

''I'm glad.''

I picked up my heels and walked upstairs, going into my room. I put on my shorts and t-shirt and crawled into my bed with a smile on my face.

It may sound cliche, but it truly was the happiest night of my life.

Ebony and Ava's dresses------------------------------------->>