Chapter 75

Carter talked to his mother who then spoke to their pastor and he agreed to let us have the fundraiser. I smiled walking into my homeroom and placed a sweet kiss on Carter's cheek.

"What was that for?"

''Being the most caring boyfriend on the planet.'' I smiled.

"Awe! Well I talked to my parents and so far a little over a hundred dollars has been made for Noelle.''

''That's great, but it just depends on if they found a donor or not.''

''They'll find one soon. I promise.''

***********************************************

''Are you sure your parents are ok with doing this?" I asked Carter as I waited for my dad.

''Ava, if they weren't, none of this money would be building up right now. Stop worrying about it. Plus this money will help pay for anything Noelle may need for her sight before the surgery.''

''Yeah true. Just hope the hospital finds a donor soon before she gets any worse.''

''They will.''

I saw my dad's car pull into the pick up lane and I gathered my stuff, pecking Carter's cheek.

''I'll talk to you later tonight?"

''Of course.'' He smiled and kissed me on the lips. I got in the car, closing my door and put on my seatbelt.

''How was school?" My dad asked, driving back home.

''Good. What about things at home?"

''Ugh!''

''What?"

''Three words: Mother-in-law.''

''Grandma's here?"

''Yes! She thought it would be best to come out and see Noelle.''

''How long is she staying?"

''Two weeks. Hopefully it goes by fast, your mother is already losing patience, as am I.''

''Oh come on, grandma isn't that bad. She just has moments where she goes too overboard and tries to run the house.''

''That's bad.''

We pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, going inside the house. My grandmother was the first person to come walking down the steps to greet us.

''Ava!'' She cried, wrapping me in a bone crushing hug. ''You're growing into a fine, beautiful young lady.''

''Grandma, you just saw me like a few months ago.''

''I know, but you and Noelle are growing on me quick.''

''Glad to see that you two are bonding! I'm going to leave.'' My dad said, walking towards the kitchen. I looked over at my dad and mouthed: "Don't leave!"

''Sucker.''

''What did you say, Jeremy?"

''Nothing!"