Chapter 76

"My dad was right, my grandmother staying with us is a big mess.'' I complained, walking outside to the patio with Carter. I handed him a glass of lemonade and sat beside him, still holding onto mine.

"Why is that?" He chuckled, taking a sip after.

''She's driving me and my dad insane, not to mention my mom.''

''What about Noelle?"

''She actually loves grandma's attention, little kiss ass.'' Carter snorted and lightly smacked my arm. "What?"

''Don't complain about your sister.''

''I know.''

''Speaking of grandmothers, here she comes.'' Carter said, pointing towards the door.

"There you are.'' My grandmother smiled, opening the door. She took a seat across from me and Carter and smiled at us.

''Yeah, I, uh, needed some air.''

''Ava, you haven't introduced me to your friend over here.''

''Oh! Carter, this is my Grandmother Helen and Grandma, this is my boyfriend Carter.''

''Nice to meet you.'' Carter smiled, extending his hand.

''Your parents didn't mention you having a boyfriend?'' She eyed me as she shook Carter's hand.

''I guess it slipped their minds.''

''Well it was very nice to meet you.'' My grandmother smiled at Carter.

''You too.'' She got up from her chair and walked back into the house. I sighed and looked over at Carter with raised eyebrows.

''That was weird.'' I whispered.

''It was more painfully awkward than weird.''

Sorry its so short