Chapter 10: Pharaoh?

Aadila wasn't sure what to do. She didn't know if she should just let him do what he wanted or if she was supposed to do something as well. Although it seemed like had stopped, she just went with her gut feeling and pulled him closer to deepen the kiss. She smiled internally when Atem let out a quiet approving moan. She realized that she really did love him, and he loved her, but she knew if they were to be together like they were when they were children, she would have to tell her family she was alive. 

"Harrummph!" Shocked by the noise, Aadila pushed Atem away, causing her to almost fall down the many stairs that were below them. Her face was redder then the ripest tomato and luckily for her, her back was facing the direction of the person that caught them. 

Clearing his throat, Atem looked over Aadila's shoulder, seeing the cause of his mild disappointment. "Priest Seto, what can I do for you?" 

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry to be an intrusion but everyone is worrying about your whereabouts. Everyone is looking for you, thinking you might have gone and hurt yourself." Aadila noticed the Priest's voice slightly change when he finished his statement. She could feel his eyes burrowing ingot eh back of her skull.

"Well, as you can see, I'm quite alright. I won't be much longer so please inform everyone that I am fine." There was a slight embarrassment in his voice, one Aadila had never heard before. As she looked up at his face, she saw that there was a slight blush on his face. "Can you also dismiss all the servants? Tell them they can retire early tonight due to all the good work they have done for the preparations for tomorrow." 

"Of course, your Majesty." Seto began walking away and had a smirk on his face because of the fact that he had just won the bet the Karim. They knew if Aknadin caught them they would be in grave trouble, but they couldn't help it after he noticed the Pharaoh leave very soon after that servant girl did. It seemed impossible, the idea of the Pharaoh falling for a servant, but it seemed Isis' vision did not deceive her. 

Aadila refused to lift her head because of the pure embarrassment that was plainly on her face.

"Aadila, don't worry, he won't say anything. At least I hope he won't."

Scoffing at the statement that Atem found so amusing, Aadila turned around and said, "You must get some rest, you have an exciting day tomorrow. You will need all the energy you can get."

Following Aadila down the stairs, Atem replied, "Are you implying that I'm a weak person?"

"That's for you to find out. And no, that's not a yes to your statement."

"First you call me weak and then you talk so rudely. I'm hurt." Aadila turned around to see him grabbing the clothing covering his chest tightly and pretending to show a sad expression on his face.

"I would talk like that all the time when we were children. Why is now so different?"

"Because there is no stopping us from what we originally wanted to do." Atem had gotten in front of her, stopping her from continuing down the hallway. "We can start right where we left off from when we were children, so it is not so different. You can become my queen like we had planned and we can be together forever." Atem grabbed her hands, looking into the happy eyes that haunted his nightmares that now seemed like pleasant dreams. "But you will have to tell your family first, of course."

Smiling at the excited Pharaoh, Aadila nodded. "I'll do it after your coronation. I promise."

Walking toward Aadila's room that she shared with her aunt, Atem just stared at her from behind, waiting for her to notice that he had stopped.

When Aadila did realize that he wasn't walking with her, she saw him staring at her. "What's wrong? Why are you starring at my like that?"

"I just got this strange feeling, that something will happen tomorrow."